GTK-Gnutella is een programma voor het Unix-platform om bestanden uit te wisselen via het Gnutella-netwerk. Het ontwikkel team heeft onlangs versie 0.93 uitgebracht met het volgende changelog:
A GTK+ Gnutella client for Unix, efficient, reliable and fast, written in C. It has been optimized for speed and scalability, with low-memory consumption. It is meant to be left running 24x7, using little CPU and only the configured bandwidth.
These are some of the changes made since 0.92.1 stable:
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- GTK-Gnutella now supports Partial File serving, both as a client and as a server. As soon as a download is started, it can be used as an alternate source for others even though the download is not completed yet.
- When a mismatch happens during downloading, the file can now be automatically removed and restarted again.
- Improved GUI to specify better which downloads should be cleared from the list (completed, failed, unavailable).
- Collects alternate download locations acquired from query hits.
- Support for hostname instead of only an ip. If you have a dynamic ip but got a static hostname, for example a .dyndns.org address, gtk-gnutella can try to connect to the ip associated with the hostname.
- Sends out alternate locations which should not be tried.
- Won't send full headers when short on bandwith.
- Any changes in settings are now automatically saved, there is no need to quit the client anymore to make sure the settings are saved.
- Running gtk-gnutella in Auto peermode should no longer cause a crash.
- New addresses in hostiles.txt to protect against malicious hosts.
- gwcache.boot was cleaned up. Dead links were removed.
- Remote control should actually work without crashing gtk-gnutella.
- The build problems which occured in 0.92.1 due to the switch to metaconfig should be (mostly) gone.
- Code cleanup to build on more platforms.
- GTK2 interface currently does not have a maintainer, not all options which are available in the GTK1 interface might have made it in the GTK2 interface.
Debian-3.0 (stable) Package