Visual Studio Code is een opensourcecode-editor met ondersteuning voor IntelliSense, debugging, Git en code snippets. Ondersteuning voor de gangbare script- en programmeertalen is aanwezig, en het kan daarnaast via extensies uitgebreid worden. Microsoft heeft versie 1.19 uitgebracht. De bijbehorende lijst met aanpassingen ziet er als volgt uit:
November 2017 (version 1.19)
Welcome to the November 2017 release of Visual Studio Code. As announced in the November iteration plan, the focus this month was on GitHub issue clean-up, product performance, and data collection tools for better issue reporting.
During this iteration, we closed 4400 issues (either triaged or fixed) across all our VS Code repositories. As we busily closed issues, you did not stop filing new ones and you created around 2700 new issues. This resulted in a net reduction of around 1700 issues of which 1400 were in the main vscode repository.
Bug fixes as well as community PRs still resulted in a great list of updates. Here are some of the release highlights:
The release notes are arranged in the following sections related to VS Code focus areas. Here are some further updates:
- Performance - Faster startup and other performance improvements.
- Serviceability/Diagnostics - New VS Code diagnostics, logging, and extension monitoring.
- Smarter IntelliSense - IntelliSense remembers your previous suggestion choices.
- Better Tab layout - Tabbed headers can scale to fit the available space.
- Git side-by-side image diff - Git source control provider can display image changes side by side.
- Pipe output into VS Code - Easily view terminal output in a VS Code editor.
- New debugging recipes - Learn how to debug Next.js, Meteor projects and applications using the nodemon utility.
- Workbench - Compare your active file to the Clipboard contents.
- Editor - Folding improvements, interval line numbers, support macOS global Clipboard.
- Languages - TypeScript 2.6.2, JSX fragment syntax, new JSON with comments mode.
- Debugging - Undefine env variables per session, better VARIABLES rendering.
- Extensions - Choose which extensions are active in your workspaces.
- Extension Authoring - Pre-release extension support, yo code can enable TSLint and checkJS.