Versie 1.7 van Django is uitgekomen. Django is een in Python geschreven opensource web application framework, die volgens het model-view-controller ontwerppatroon werkt. Met Django kunnen complexe websites worden ontwikkeld die van grote databases gebruik maken. Enkele voorbeelden zijn Pinterest, Instagram, Mozilla en The Washington Times. De release notes voor versie 1.7 kunnen hieronder worden gevonden.
Django 1.7 released
After nearly a year of development, today we're proud to announce the release of Django 1.7.
As always, the release notes cover everything in-depth, but some of the major highlights of Django 1.7 are:
And that's just the tip of the iceberg; Django 1.7 is jam-packed with useful new features and functionality, and they're all covered in the 1.7 release notes.
- A new built-in database migration system. Notes on upgrading from South (a popular third-party application providing migration functionality) are also available.
- A refactored concept of Django applications. Django applications are no longer tied to the existence of a models files, and can now specify both configuration data and code to be executed as Django starts up.
- Improvements to the model Field API to support migrations and, in the future, to enable easy addition of composite-key support to Django's ORM.
- Improvements for custom Manager and QuerySet classes, allowing reverse relationship traversal to specify the Manager to use, and creation of a Manager from a custom QuerySet class.
- A extensible system check framework which can assist developers in detecting and diagnosing errors.
You can get Django 1.7 right now from our downloads page (along with checksums), or from the Python Package Index.
Alongside Django 1.7, today we are issuing bugfix releases in the 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 series, which correct some bugs which existed after the most recent security releases.