markvt meldt dat er versie 0.64 uitgebracht is van Meka. Dit programma emuleert meerdere Sega consoles op de pc. Hieronder staan welke consoles ondersteund worden en wat de veranderingen zijn ten opzichte van de vorige versie:
MEKA is a multi-machine emulator for DOS and Windows. The following machines are supported by MEKA:
- Sega Game 1000 (SG-1000)
- Sega Computer 3000 (SC-3000)
- Sega Super Control Station (SF-7000)
- Sega Mark III (+ FM Unit)
- Sega Master System (SMS)
- Sega Game Gear (GG)
- Coleco Vision
- Othello Multivision
- Cleaned and modified various part of the sound engine.
- Please report if you notice anything unusual.
- [Windows] Disabled access to hardware YM-2413 emulation using OPL
- under Windows 2000 and XP, avoiding crashes in certain cases... Well, this time it should works :-)
- [Windows] FM Sound through OPL is now muted when switching to other applications. PSG can not muted yet due to a technical constraint.
- Fixed muting of OPL on pause and quit (previously you were sometimes able to hear very low hanging notes with a very high volume).
- Implemented software YM-2413 emulator by Mitsutaka Okazaki. Although hardware YM-2413 emulation using OPL sounds cooler, this emulator seems more faithful to the original chipset. It also works on all systems, including Windows 2000 and XP. The downside is that doing software synthesis takes a lot of time, and thus a fast computer is recommended (at least 600 Mhz) to play MEKA with software YM-2413 emulation.
- Implemented a new software PSG emulator by Maxim (with modifications). PSG emulation is pretty straightforward, but this emulator takes account of several Maxim finds, such as the real sequence of pseudo random numbers, as generated by the noise channel.
- Added refresh rate settings to GUI and Blitters. An advanced user can now setup a video mode at 60 Hz with vsync enabled and auto frame skipping disabled, for a smooth video refresh.
- Fixed PSG output that was previously too low and unsigned.
- [Windows] Attempted to fix some crashes subsequent to freeing a ROM.
- Added entries to the checksum and compatibility lists.
- Updated documentation.