Met het serverprogramma Serv-U kunnen bestanden uitgewisseld worden over ftp, http, ftps, https en sftp en daarnaast beschikt het over verschillende andere mogelijkheden. Zo ondersteunt het onder andere de controle van toegangsrechten via active directory, virtual host waarmee verschillende domeinen op een ip-adres kunnen werken, en bevat het een webgebaseerde admin-panel. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 126.96.36.199 van Serv-U uitgebracht en de lijst met veranderingen die zijn doorgevoerd sinds de vorige vermelding in de meuktracker ziet er als volgt uit:
- Corrected an FTP bug with STOR, STOU, and APPE when specifying the destination file path with back slashes instead of forward slashes, and the destination file doesn't already exist, Serv-U would place the file in the user's home directory instead of the requested directory.
- Corrected insertion of erroneous text at the beginning of each page of the Japanese Help documentation for FTP Voyager JV.
- Corrected a bug where Japanese Help documentation was sometimes displayed using an incorrect charset.
- Corrected a bug introduced in 188.8.131.52 where opening the Help documentation from the FTP Voyager JV launch page reset the current display language.
- Corrected a bug where auto login failed when auto selecting a language.
- Added the ability to move Directory Access Rules, IP Access Rules, and Group Membership to the top or bottom of the list with one click.
- Improved file transfer performance for SSH.
- Improved general HTTP performance, this includes the speed of the Management Console, the Basic Web Client, and FTP Voyager JV.
- Improved the FTP response for the RNFR operation to identify whether permission is denied or a file or directory doesn't exist.
- Added Japanese help translation.
- Updated Japanese Management Console strings.
- Added tray notifications for trial expiration and update period expiration.
- Optimized socket code so less CPU time is used during receive operations.
- Corrected an SSH bug with the SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_REQUEST command where Serv-U was ignoring the "want reply" parameter and always sending a reply, causing some SSH clients to become confused.
- Corrected an SSH bug with the SSH_FXP_REALPATH_FMT command where Serv-U was always returning a directory, instead of the real path for a file path.
- Corrected an SSH bug when trying to list a directory that doesn't exist.
- Corrected an SSH bug where strings were not being UTF-8 encoded and decoded.
- Corrected a problem when uploading large files via SSH, an SSH packet could be missed causing the upload to stop.
- Corrected a problem with the upgrade notice (from versions prior to 7.0) where Asian installations were unreadable due to the use of an incorrect font.
- Corrected a problem with the log filter where it would not update the log with the filtered content correctly.
- Corrected a bug where FTP Voyager JV would receive an incomplete directory listing of large directories while operating in SSL mode.
- Corrected a bug where reseller PNG footer logos were not visible in IE6 or less due to the width and height not being set for the images.
- Corrected a bug in the "FTP Settings" tab under "Limits & Settings" of the Management Console where check boxes for commands with Advanced Options did not properly initialize their values to reflect the current state of the option.
- Corrected a bug where the "NLST command also lists directories" check box under the NLST Advanced Options tab was not visible in Internet Explorer and did not function properly in Firefox.
- Corrected an installation problem when the tray's about dialog was up, and installing, the tray application would not close.
- Corrected a problem when entering registration IDs with carriage return, line feed, space, and/or tab characters in the ID. When entered into the dialog, Serv-U strips these characters.
- Corrected a bug in the Management Console where +Ins would do nothing, it should paste like +V.
- Corrected a bug when uploading with HTTPS through the Basic Web Client where protocol information was being inserted at the head of the file.
- Corrected a bug where Virtual Path names could be deleted or renamed if the logged in user had the correct permissions for a file or directory that wasn't a virtual path.
- Corrected double punctuation in the "Do not show this message again." checkbox included in Management Console balloon tips.
- Corrected a logging bug where information about a downloaded file was not being logged for any protocol.
- Corrected a logging bug where information about a renamed file or directory was not being logged for HTTP and HTTPS.
- Corrected a logging bug where information about a deleted directory was not being logged for HTTP and HTTPS.
- Corrected a bug when upgrading from previous versions of Serv-U to 7.0 and invalid characters were used for login IDs (/\:*?"<>|) Serv-U would continually show duplicate user accounts in the account list.
- Updated Traditional and Simplified Chinese license files.
- Updated Japanese Management Console strings.
- Reduced the size of several translated license files.
- Updated Swedish translation and added as an installation option.
- Changed the VARCHAR definitions from 512 to 255 for database creation so Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access can be used as a database for Serv-U.
- Corrected a bug where Serv-U would allow certain operations in the computer root ("\") instead of on a UNC path or drive path. The computer root is not a physical entity that can be written to or read from. Because of this operations must be denied.
- Corrected a bug where the copyright text on the Server Details page under the Program Information tab was being wrapped incorrectly.
- Corrected an ODBC bug where the SQL statement used to add columns to an existing table did not work for MS SQL 2000.
- Corrected an ODBC bug where if the columns of data were requested "out of order" (according to the column ordinal) MS SQL 2000 would fail.
- Corrected a problem with old Serv-U Corporate registration IDs.
- Changed how anonymous FTP login works when anonymous login is not allowed. As with previous versions of Serv-U, when "USER anonymous" is received, it is accepted, until the "PASS xxxx" command is received, when the anonymous login is rejected. This change is due to Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, rejecting the user after the USER command causes the login to fail, and not prompt for a user ID and password.
- Corrected a bug where Windows shortcuts to drives would cause a GPF (crash) if Serv-U is treating Windows shortcuts as the target.
- Changed the default ASCII / BINARY transfer mode (which is only cosmetic in Serv-U) to ASCII as with versions prior to 184.108.40.206.
- Corrected a problem where the TYPE FTP command was not supporting the "REPRESENTATION TYPE (TYPE)" format as outlined in RFC 765.
- Corrected a bug in FTP Voyager JV where SSL uploads would insert an HTTP protocol header into the uploaded file. This also improves the transfer speed.
- Corrected a bug in FTP Voyager JV where the Help button of the About dialog was broken.