All critical bugs and issues have now been resolved in the new 3.x branch of TinyMCE so it was time to release this it as an final/production ready version. This release contains mostly bug fixes and most of them was not that critical. This release is as stable or more stable as the old 2.1.3 so we recommend users to upgrade.
The Safari support is now fully functional and we managed to fix most of the odd quirks in that browser. The fixes are still available in a separate plugin since it would otherwise make the core script larger. This plugin only gets loaded when TinyMCE is used in Safari.
We want to once again give a big thanks to everyone that reported bugs, sent us patches or otherwise contributed to this project.
These are some of the big changes since the 2.1.3 version.
Changelog since last RC:
- Core is completely rewritten and optimized.
- Smaller download size and less files to load.
- Improved Safari support.
- New and improved API, documented at wiki.moxiecode.com.
- New Office 2007 skin.
- Inline dialogs are now cleaned up and used by default.
- More semantically correct output, more flexible and powerful serialization engine.
- On-demand loading of TinyMCE and it's plugins.
- Added map and area elements to the default valid_elements list and also some indentation rules.
- Fixed bug where empty paragraphs wasn't padded when loading contents.
- Fixed bug where the RowLayout manager didn't work at all.
- Fixed bug where style attribute data would get messed up in advimage dialog.
- Fixed bug where the table dialogs class select wasn't updated correctly.
- Fixed bug where elements would get extra whitespace around on insert when body was present in valid_elements.
- Fixed bug where coords attribute of the area element wasn't handled properly in IE.
- Fixed bug where Safari didn't produce BR elements on shift+return.
- Fixed bug where force blocks would cast odd invalid attribute exception in IE.
- Fixed bug where media plugin would produce extra whitespace before and after objects.
- Fixed bug where cleanup_callback could break the contents of the editor. But use the new event system instead of this option.
- Fixed bug where the tab_focus option didn't work between editor instanced. You can now tab between editors.
- Fixed bug where the load function of the ScriptLoader class didn't load single files without the load que as it was supposed to.
- Fixed bug where the execcommand_callback parameter order was incorrect. Recommendation use the new addCommand method.
- Fixed bug where range.select calls sometimes failed on some IE versions.
- Fixed bug where Safari was scrolling to top of document when enter/returned was pressed.
- Fixed bug where fullscreen_new_window option didn't work correctly.
- Fixed bug where the nonbreaking plugin inserted an space instead of an non breaking space the first time.
- Fixed bug where the visualization of non breaking spaces where visual in element path.
- Fixed so the focus is restored to the editor after inserting an custom character.
- Fixed so the isNotDirty state is set to false if a new undo level is added.
- Fixed so pointless style information for borders gets removed in IE.
- Fixed so the resize button has a se-resize cursor css value.
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE