Siginet heeft afgelopen zaterdag de eerste release candidate uitgebracht van RVM Integrator versie 1.5 uitgebracht. Dit programma is bedoeld om op een eenvoudige manier de Post-SP2 Update Pack van Ryan VanderMeulen te integreren in een Windows installatie-cd. Op die manier kan een aangepaste installatie-cd worden gecreŽerd met bijvoorbeeld extra drivers en met de laatste updates van Microsoft alvast geintegreerd. Ryan VanderMeulen lijkt trouwens weer terug van weggeweest te zijn, want twee weken geleden heeft hij na een afwezigheid van ruim acht maanden versie 2.2.1 beta 2 van zijn Update Pack uitgebracht. De RVM Integrator heeft een groot aantal veranderingen ondergaan. Zo worden nu switchless installers ondersteund en kan de verbeterde cacheing van de driver.cab soms wel tot tien minuten tijdwinst opleveren. Het volledige changelog van deze release ziet er als volgt uit:
- Added a new advanced option to cache driver.cab. This comes in handy for those of us who integrate multiple copies of our disks. It dramatically speeds up multiple integrations by about 10 minutes (Depending on your computer's speed). It detects if it is xp home, pro. 2003 and it also verifies the md5hash of each file that was added to driver.cab. If the cached files match all the above then it copies the cached driver.cab instead of recompressing driver.cab... which is the longest portion of integration. If it doesn't match all the above then it will perform a recompression of driver.cab and cache the finished files for later.
- Added the ability to add switchless .exe files as addons. They are automatically added to svcpack and svcpack.inf.
- Added a new plugin... "ReCompress Update/AddonPacks". This new plugin will utalize the integrator to allow a user to optimize any UpdatePacks/AddonPacks so that when used for integration they will not need to compress most files found in I386_Compress. It also will ask for a txtsetup.sif file you can specify for the integrator to parse to find files that are compressable. (Specifying a txtsetup.sif file is reccommended... but is completely optional.)
- Added the option to SlipStream a ServicePack file without performing an integration.
- Added a new Inputbox to the "MakeISO Tab" (This also means there is a new addition to the English_1.5.lng file as well: 1135 = Browse To the Location Which Contains the Finished I386 Directory.)
- The integrator now checks the I386 Directory for existing compressed or uncompressed files which are being moved from rvmtemp\extracted. If they exist they are deleted before the transfer.
- Added usable Fourth pole in ExtraFileEdits which forces the integrator to use Case Sensativity when editing files. - Requested by: enu_user.
- Added code to prevent users from integrating RyanVM's 2.2x Updatepacks over 2.1.x UpdatePacks. - Requested by RyanVM for future UpdatePacks.
- Added new @PLUGINS variable for use with [FileCopy], [FileMove], [DirCopy], [DirMove], [RunFile] and the new [CreateCab] and [ExpandCab] sections. This new variable will allow a UpdatePack/Addon creator to specify the RVM Integrators PLUGINS directory as a place of source/Destination of files.
- You can now use parameters in the [RunFile] section.
- Added 2 new Sections that can be used in any entries file for expanding and creating complete cab archives. [ExpandCab] and [CreateCab]. They were mainly created so that people can make Media Center UpdatePacks/Addons.
- Added code to automatically parse txtsetup.sif to see which files can be compressed in the i386 directory. It also automatically compresses cat files too. (I386_compress is still available as well.)
- Added support to automatically parse drvindex.inf to see if files need to be copied or moved to driver.cab. (drivercab_copy and drivercab_move are still available as well.)
- mmsetup.cab recompression is automatically performed if msmsgs.exe is found in the updatepack or if the section mmssetupcab_move is found in entries.ini. It does not recompress mmsetup.cab if neither of those areas are found.
- Completly removed modifype.exe due to Vista incompatabilities and replaced it with n7Epsilon's PEChecksum.exe. Thanks n7Epsilon! (This file is used in the patch addons to make sure the correct PEHeaders are placed in HexEdited files.)
- When you click on the Config: integrator.ini located on the main gui tab it will open the ini in notepad.
- [HexEdit] sections were expanding and recompressing files for every single edit made to the file. Now it only expands the file once and then recompresses when it finishes all edits.
- [ExtraFileEdits] sections were expanding and recompressing files for every single edit made to the file. Now it only expands the file once and then recompresses when it finishes all edits.
- Changed the way the integrator detects Upgrade disks. Hopefully this will be more universal. Only tested on windows XP.
- Files are now moved instead of copied during the "Shifting Files Around" stage of integration which will drastically improve on the integration time.
- The integrator will now add a .ini to the end of any filename given in Save Settings (if .ini doesn't allready exist at the end of the name).
- Forced [EditFile] to create any directory structure and the file it is editing if it does not allready exist.
- Posted new English_1.5.lng file which contains more areas to translate. (Like the menu items at the top)
- Re-Wrote the entire Translation portion of the integrator so that it does not need to know the exact amount of lines used for translation.
- Added more advanced debugging. When you select the advanced debug features it will show a lot more paths in the log.
- The Advanced Option "Convert Unicode to ANSI" feature should be obsolete now so it has been removed.
- Made the integrator check if at least 1.5 GB of space is available to perform integration.
- Got rid of the need for xcopy.exe.
- The integrator is now fully compatable with Windows Vista x86 and x64 versions.
- Path issues with 7zdn.exe which should get rid of a lot of bugs with spaces and symbols in the paths.
- Slipstreaming during integration when selecting "
" didn't always run.
- "French Windows XP retail and OEM CD are correctly recognized, but not the corporate one."
- Detection of Corporate and Upgrade disks. Please check each os you have to see if it is detected correctly. If it is not please post your Pidgen.dll file So I can figure out why.