Gisteren is versie 0.120 van MAME uitgekomen. MAME staat voor Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator en met dit programma is het mogelijk om een grote hoeveelheid oude klassieke arcade videogames te spelen. Meer informatie kan in deze wiki worden gevonden. MAME wordt onder bsd-licentie uitgegeven en is in verschillende uitvoeringen te downloaden. Naast de standaard en een voor i686-processors geoptimaliseerde versie is er nu voor het eerst ook een versie speciaal voor 64bit-versies van Windows. Voor alle veranderingen sinds versie 0.119 verwijzen we naar dit document, dit zijn alle veranderingen sinds de laatste bèta (0.119u4):
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
- Added "native" architecture option to the makefile. Use this to have gcc automatically pick the most appropriate architecture based on the system that it is compiling on.
- Hooked up the KL5C80 communications CPU to the HNG64 BIOS and emulated some of its features.
- Fixed a few pointer truncation bugs in the Windows 64-bit code. Enabled warnings for 64-bit pointer truncations. Merged the x86 and x64 manifests.
- Changed 6821 PIA logging so that it only logs core messages once.
- Updates to various NeoGeo ROMsets. Some ROM names updated to match verified names from chip labels. A lot of "older" sets have been redumped to investigate the "64k m1/s1 issue" (also the m1 "overdumps"). Result was, ALL m1 ARE at least 128kx8; ALL s1 ARE 128kx8. The old m1 "overdumps" were incomplete dumps. In addition, it has been discovered that all "p-roms" do have a minimum size of 4mbit. A number of sets have been restored to their "original" state, and a number of others have been marked as bad dumps where appropriate. Specific changes include:
- bjourney: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- bstars: fully redumped, added correct m1
- bstars2: fully redumped, added correct m1
- goalx3: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- janshin: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- joyjoy: added correct m1
- legendos: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- maglord: fully redumped, added correct m1
- mutnat: partially redumped, added correct m1
- nam1975: fully redumped, added correct m1/s1
- ncombata: fully redumped, renamed set to ncombath
- neomrdo: readded 128k s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- pbobblen: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- puzzledp: readded 128k s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- ridhero: fully redumped, added correct s1
- socbrawl: readded 128k s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- ssideki2: fully redumped
- strhoop: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- svc: removed MVS tag, only one version exists (AES/MVS/PCB)
- svcboot: removed MVS tag
- tws96: readded 128k m1 from Mame v0.34b5
- viewpoin: readded 128k m1/s1 from Mame v0.34b5
- wh2j: partially redumped, renamed to wh2jh, is verified AES version
- wh2j: fully redumped, is verified MVS version
- wh1h: fully redumped, is verified AES version
- wh1ha: renamed from wh1h to wh1ha
- Made several more traditional optimizations to the voodoo emulations, gaining a few percent improvement.
- Further tweaked the work code to appropriately check for work items versus checking for the number of outstanding items.
- Simplified some of the model2 rendering code.
- Moved a number of files from mame/machine and mame/video to emu/machine and emu/video. In general, files that emulate a common industry standard chip (as opposed to custom, manufacturer-specific chips) were moved. Further moves may happen in the future to isolate common system-level components (such as amiga, snes, etc.).
New clones added
- Hayaoshi Quiz Ouza Ketteisen - The King Of Quiz
- World Heroes (set 3)
- World Heroes 2 Jet (set 2)
- Nightmare in the Dark (bootleg)