Build 13719 (Version 1.4.8):
* Motion JPEG decoder has improved heuristics for field
order determination, support for restart markers, and
supports 4:4:4 as well as 4:2:0 and standard 4:2:2.
* An error is now thrown if a third-party driver leaves
the CPU in MMX state when returning, which previously
could cause floating-point code to malfunction.
* Added workaround for ASUS ASV1 driver crashing under
Windows NT platforms.
* MPEG-1 files with small amounts of junk at the
beginning are now recognized.
* BMP image sequences can now be loaded as well as saved.
* Frame rate changes are reflected in the timestamp
* Hex Editor no longer locks files and can highlight
important fields in AVI files.
* Capture: Luma squish now supports UYVY in addition to
* AVI handler can now recover OpenDML segments from
truncated files and has more aggressive recovery
* AVI handler recognizes 'bt20' as a format that does not
have delta frames.
* Added workaround for audio sync problems caused by
malformed AVI files with VBR MP3 audio.
* Support for masking video frames and for autoscanning
the video stream for bad frames to mask.
* No more crashing when attempting to do certain kinds
of seeks with no video loaded.
* Capture: Noise reduction works properly with cropping.
* Fixed MPEG-1 frame order bug in frameserver that was
also introduced in 1.4.6.
* Fixed MPEG-to-AVI conversion resulting in trashed
wPriority and wLanguage fields in the stream header.
* Capture: Under Windows 98/2000, monitor and system
power down are inhibited in capture mode.
* Fixed scripts and job entries being trashed when the
generated script exceeds 16K.
* Fixed codec issues caused by script system not handling
long strings produced from codec data. Thanks to the
DivX 4 team for reporting this one.
* IVTC no longer causes bitrates for CBR video codecs
to drop by 20%.
* Fixed output files being generated with type 'ivas'
when the source was a type-1 DV file.
* Fixed diagonal stripe or crash with MMX version of
Levels filter when input bitmap is an odd width.
* Fixed AVI streaming routines going off the deep end
when encountering garbage data in the AVI stream.
* Fixed occasional corrupted frames when playing back
AVI with "drop frames when behind" enabled.
* IVTC now forces interleaving on a 4-frame basis like
it's supposed to.
* The audio compression dialog was passing bad precision
values to audio codecs and only querying for real-time
* Corrected crashes or errors on uncompressed video
streams that have a zero or incorrect biSizeImage field.
* Capture: Multisegment and info panel settings saved
* Capture: Compatibility mode capture prohibited when
multisegment capture enabled.