SystemTools heeft enkele dagen geleden versie 9.2 rev D van zijn softwarepakket Hyena uitgebracht. Hiermee kunnen Windows NT- en Windows 200x-netwerken worden beheerd. Met de vele opties in het pakket kun je onder andere gebruikers en groepen aanmaken, wijzigen en verwijderen, overzichten maken van alle processen die op de verschillende NT-/200x-servers draaien en netwerkoverzichten exporteren. Voor een overzicht van alle mogelijkheden wordt verwezen naar deze pagina. De aankondiging van deze versie ziet er als volgt uit:
New Features in Hyena v9.2
Customizable Group Member Displays
The group membership displays can now be customized, much like any other Active Directory query. Group member queries are accessible under File > Manage Object View > AD Queries. The group membership display can be modified for direct group member listings, indirect group member listings, as well as listing the current members of dynamic groups.Hyena v9 has met the Microsoft 'Compatible with Windows 8' logo requirements!
"Compatible with Windows 8" certification means this product met Microsoft testing requirements for compatibility with 64-bit and 32-bit Windows 8. To earn the "Compatible with Windows 8" logo, apps and devices must pass Microsoft-designed installation, performance, reliability and security tests so you can be sure these products are compatible with Windows 8. Hyena also supports running on established Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000/2003 and Windows 2008.Exchange 2010 Changes
Added capability to specify the domain controller to be used on Exchange 2010 functions. This feature uses the -domaincontroller PowerShell option to explicitly force the command to be executed on a particular domain controller. To set a particular domain controller for a domain, modify the Exchange 2010 domain template (Tools > Settings > Exchange 2010), and include the optional domain controller in the domain template. Usage of this capability should be limited to those instances where Active Directory (Powershell) is unable to resolve an account name. This usually happens because the server the command is being executed on is in a child domain, causing PowerShell to be unable to lookup the account on the server where the command is being executed.Viewing Open Files Changes
The "Open Files' menu option is now available on the context menus (either left or right window) for share objects. When viewing the open files on a share, Hyena will show all open files in the directory that is being shared. A new column showing the path (if any) that is being used as a base for the open file listing has also been added.Corrections
- Fixed sorting of results from "View Deleted Objects" function.
- Fixed problem with viewing event details on events that are forwarded from another computer using Microsoft's new Forwarded Events feature in newer EVTX/Crimson event logs.
- Fixed problem on non-English versions with incorrect time offset being displayed on filtered events.
- Fixed problem with Exchange 2010 settings being reset under certain conditions.
- Fixed problem with Computer Properties > General not displaying the computer roles correctly on Windows XP and Windows 2003 clients.
- Fixed Exchange 2010 template listing issue with a template name exactly 50 characters long.
- Fixed the Exchange 2010 template dialog to prevent changing the template name (renaming template not supported)
- Increased size of template selection list on new mailbox dialog and added ascending sort to template list
- Added sort to template list on Exchange 2010 properties dialog
- Added advanced option for defaulting alias to 'samaccountname' when creating Exchange 2010 mailboxes. See the 'DefaultExchange20xxAlias' setting under the Advanced Settings topic in Help for more information.
- Fixed another sorting issue when viewing deleted Active Directory objects.
- Fixed user group member removal from right window when the 'Account Functions' option was used on user(s) from the right window.
- Fixed open files issue when viewing open files through an Active Directory view.
- Fixed user group deletion confirmation message to better reflect the source of the deletion request.
- Fixed problem with the clipboard copy function on group membership displays trying to include a group name from a query that does not include the group name. Previously, Hyena would include the group name on such displays depending on the Advanced Setting "IncludeGroupNameOnClipboardCopy". This setting is no longer applicable to Active Directory group member displays in v9.2, as the user is now in control of what fields are included in the output. To include the group name when copying Active Directory group memberships to the clipboard or output file, include the special symbol %SYM_AD_GROUP_NAME% in the query. See the Special AD Symbols attribute category list for a complete list of group symbols.
- Fixed a problem with removal of group memberships from a group membership query when the default query was modified.
|09:04||Parted Magic 2013.01.29|