Nicholas Caito heeft versie 0.9.3.0 van zijn tweakprogramma XdN Tweaker uitgebracht. Met dit programma kan een groot aantal instellingen van Windows XP en hoger worden aangepast. XdN Tweaker is gratis en de download is nog geen 300KB groot. Het programma hoeft niet te worden geïnstalleerd om zijn werk te kunnen doen, maar dat is wel mogelijk. Nieuw in deze release is onder andere ondersteuning voor Windows 8 en Server 2012. Het programma is een tijdje niet in de Meuktracker voorbijgekomen; daarom laten we een wat langere lijst met veranderingen zien:
Changes in version 0.9.3.0
Changes in version 0.9.2.6
- Added initial support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 (requires .NET Framework 2.0).
- Fixed hiding of Libraries. Now removes/re-adds "Include in library" on context menus (Files and Folders).
- Updated Internet Explorer page to have the correct maximum connections for IE 6/7, and 8/9/10+.
- Minor text and interface changes.
Changes in version 0.9.2.5
- Updated IE page to reflect it doesn't work on IE9.
- Updated dialogs and build information to support Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Changes in version 0.9.2.1
- Fix: UAC controls weren't showing for Server 2008.
- Fix: Files & Folders II page was showing with no options for Server 2008.
- Fix: Server 2008 R2 was mis-identified as Windows 7.
- Fix: Classic Search toggle (XP & 2003) would sometimes fail on new accounts.
- Updated Windows versions listed on the information page.
- Updated text on the UAC page for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2.
- Updated Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 page.
- Remove Vista SP1 & 2008-specific page (it added Search to right-click and adjusted network throttle.)
- Changed the "Win 7 Interface" pages to just "Interface".
- Moved Hibernation to System Misc II.
- Removed Hibernation toggle for 2008/2008R2.
- Removed Sound Control for 2008/2008R2 under "More Tools" page.
- Added ClearType on Login screen toggle to XP & 2003.
- Added the ability to enable admin shares under Windows Vista and Windows 7 with UAC enabled (under System Misc II page).
- Add toggle to disable auto reboot on "minor" Windows Updates (System Misc).
- Added Full Row select disable to Vista and Server 2008 (not R2).
- Added "Make Folder Views Stick" feature to Server 2008.
- Added ClearType on Login screen toggle to XP & 2003.
- Updated ReadMe.
Changes in version 0.9.2.0
- Option to enable 24-bit color for Remote Desktop now shows up under Windows Server 2003
- Option to disable automatic restart with Automatic Updates now shows up under Windows 7.
- Minor interface tweaks.
Changes in version 0.9.1.9
- Program now tries to detect system locale.
- Added option to Disable/Enable the Libraries folder under Windows 7. This is on the Win 7 Interface II page.
- Added third Windows 7 Interface page with two new features:
- New Regional Theme feature. This will enable regional themes for English versions of Windows 7. I've only tested this on the EN-US version of Windows 7.
- New Regional Wallpaper feature. This and the above feature will add new items to the "Personalize" window.
- Hid the old AutoRun disable function and added a newer and supposedly improved method for preventing programs (such as malware) from auto-running from external media such as USB drives or CD/DVD-ROMs. This is for XP/Vista/Windows 7.
- Added link to 3rd party program to let you customize the Windows 7 logon screen background. This on the UAC page under Windows 7.
Changes in version 0.9.1.8
- Internal version testing some new features.
Changes in version 0.9.1.7
- Added support for Windows 7 build 7600 (final/RTM).
- Removed support for Windows 7 builds older than 7100.
- Updated Information screen's pop up on Windows 7 build number.
Changes in version 0.9.1.6
- New features for XP SP3 Remote Desktop (and XP Mode under Windows 7). You can enable ClearType and 24-bit color for better visuals!
- Added required Log Off message when disabling/enabling Notification Balloons and Tooltips.
- Various changes for just Windows 7 Beta/RC:
- Allowed to run on Windows7 build 7127, 7137, and 7201.
- Removed support for builds 7048, 7057, and 7068 (builds 7000/7077/7100/7127/7137/7201 will work).
- Added startup warning for builds 7000 (too old), 7127, 7137, and 7201 (too new) saying they are unsupported and untested!
Changes in version 0.9.1.5
- New tweak: Remove the arrow overlay on Shortcuts. Under Windows Vista and Windows 7, you can also use the XP-style arrow overlay. This is under the "Icon Appearance" option.
- Updated some text on things that said Vista but worked on Win7 as well.
- Updated some text on things that said IE7 but worked on IE8 as well.
- Updated look of Update page and links.
Changes in version 0.9.1.4
- New tweak: Mouse Hover Delay control for Windows 7 (for use with Aero Peek). This is under "Win 7 Interface II".
- Removed a bit of old code (internal cleanup).
- Updated the way it detects the OS build and if you are running Windows Server.
- Fixed issue where it thought Vista SP2 was Server 2008.
- Better compatibility with Vista SP2 and Server 2008 SP2.
- Changed "Desktop Experience" tab to "User Experience".
Changes in version 0.9.1.3
- New tweaks for Windows 7! Disable "Drag from Maximize" and other new Windows 7 features like "Aero Shake" to disable other windows, and dragging to the edge of the screen to maximize or vertically tile a window.
- Works with builds 7000 (Public Beta), 7048, 7057, 7068, 7077 and 7100 (Public RC) of Windows 7.
- Updated way UAC control panel is opened under Win7. The method in 0.9.1.3 worked with old builds (7000), the new way works with builds like 7100 (but won't work with old builds).
- For Windows 7 users, recommended only with the latest builds, such as 7077 or 7100.
- Put ATI Catalyst right-click option back under Windows 7.
- Removed the "Remember More Folder Views" under Windows 7. Windows 7 no longer has the folder views set in the registry. I don't know if it has the issue WinXP and Vista have remembering folder views.
- Removed Group Policy button from More Tools page.
- Updated ReadMe and Install Info to point to .NET 2.0 SP2 download links.
Changes in version 0.9.1.2
- Back to 64-bit native exe! Running as a 32-bit EXE under x64 Windows means I would have to re-direct a bunch of WoW64 registry keys.
- The update page now opens your web browser to check for an update.
Changes in version 0.9.1.1
- .Net optimizations (removed unreferenced assemblies)
- Update page changes (HTML side)
- Minor gui updates and adjustments
- Removed non working Vista easter egg from running under Windows 7
- Forced EXE to run as 32-bit to get around weird IE bug in x64 found when checking for updates. Uses 50% less memory under x64 as well.
- The program no longer requires Admin to run (you will need to RunAs an Admin to get all features to work).
- Fixed a bug that showed the left over Vista x64 unsigned driver page under Windows 7 x64 (when the functionality was removed in 2007)
- Removed the "Right Click II" page from Windows 7
- Minor graphical adjustments and code cleanup