Amanda at Guillemot sent me all kinds of info on their next board which they will be selling under the Hercules brand name, the 3D Prophet DDR-DVI. DVI? That's what I thought, too. Here's Amanda with an explanation as to what it's all about (kind of a point form summary):
- DVI means Digital Visual Interface (DVI 1.0(tm)).
- DVI digital technology is the new open standard for digital display.
- DVI is backward compliant with IBM©P&D(tm) and Compaq© DFP(tm) older standards.
- DVI is supported by the main PC manufacturers (Intel, Compaq, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, P.Bell, NEC ...).
- DVI provides high quality digital output.
- DVI allows to plug digital flat panels, digital CRTs and LCD projectors to the "3D Prophet DDR-DVI".
[break]En hieronder een screenie van de doos, met Hercules logo [/break]