id Software heeft vannacht de Win32 versie van Quake3 Arena Test v1.06 gereleased. De download mirrors vind je bij 3DFiles. What's new in Q3Test2:
- team follow1 <- follow player 1 as a spectator
- team follow2 <- follow player 2 as a spectator
- team scoreboard <- be a scoreboard
- change "restart" to "map_restart"
- team colorbars behind status
- new icons for weapons and ammo
- new light code
- changed "stopdemo" to "stoprecord"
- cg_simpleItems 1 now draws sprite items (significant speedup)
- blood trails behind gibs
- dynamic curve level of detail
- devmap sets cheats 1, map sets cheats 0
- skip all shell eject code when cg_brassTime 0
- multiprocessor acceleration "r_smp 1" [break]Dat laatste is natuurlijk erg interessant voor (Abit BP6) dual Celeron users (zoals ikke ). Hier nog een stukje uit de .plan van Xian "Disruptor" Antkow: [/break]To expand some more on Graeme's .plan update, I've just sent out the release build to the mirror sites and asked them to beat on it for a while on their LANs. We don't forsee any problems with the release, but want to play it safe by getting them to beat on it for a few hours.
Tonight, we plan on releasing a Win32 version only. The Mac and Linux versions are not ready to go yet.
If all goes well with testing, I'll be giving the mirrors the go-ahead to publicly post the file on their sites around 10pm CST.
-Xian [break]En voor de fun ook nog een stukje uit Graeme Devine's .plan... [/break]
So who’s the best at id?
We were playing Xian’s new tourney map (it will be in the next release of q3test) within the company and Tim decided it would be a hoot to have a mini id “tournament”. We huddled in the observation room watching (and shouting a great deal) match after match unfold in the new spectator modes until the final game. Everyone at id played and when they weren’t playing, they were watching and cheering intently.
So who’s the best?
John “The Terminator” Carmack won quite handily, convincing us all further that there really is some code in there that says “If (player==Alloy)”. Second place went to our esteemed CEO Todd “Hold Still Dammit While I Frag You” Hollenshead. The rest of us where suitably humbled…(but we all claimed it’s because we work so much).
It was a good test of the tournament code and great fun. We will be doing the same thing in-house again soon since the method led to some good changes. Next time however, there will be a few changes. The emergency phone call to Todd from Activision is already planned, and we’re thinking the arrival of a new Ferrari catalog mid game for John will throw him off for the required microseconds to remove the ball from his mouse.