Graeme Devine van id Software heeft z'n .plan geupdate met de laatste stand van zaken wat betreft Quake3:
The main issues we're seeing are:
3Dfx drivers seem to be pretty darn difficult. About 50% of the emails comprise of 3Dfx issues including BSOD on NT, crashing during level changes, and crashing due to in game mode changes. We're working with 3Dfx on this.
The next biggest problem is that people run the game without running GLSETUP to update their drivers. Arrgh. Arrgh.
People claim that the TNT slows to a crawl when you in-game change the video color depth to 32bpp, but it's fine after a restart.
There's a "lag trap" quirk of firing the plasma gun 12 times at a wall, as people approach it the overdraw slows their systems and makes them vulnerable to hits.
There's a lot of people trying to run the game with 32mb of RAM.
Setting everything to "highest" (highest resolution, color depth, etc.) causes artifacts on the TNT.
Alt-TAB on a Matrox G200 causes the system to crash.
A lot of people wrote to let us know that they just love the game.
The main game feedback seems to be:
1. the new railgun sucks / and / or is / awesome.
2. the game is too slow / too fast.
3. make it more like quake 1 / quake 2.
4. the rockets are too slow / too fast.
5. people die too slow / too fast.
6. the graphics are awesome / too cartoony.
7. don't touch a thing / change everything.