Tim Sweeney heeft weer een update gedaan aan de Unreal Tech Page:
We've been going through the Unreal 224 bug reports and addressing lots of issues people have pointed out. Here's the latest status.
- Creative Labs EAX 3D sound support is fixed for 225.
- We're working with Aureal to get A3D 2.0 support into 225, which is very likely to happen.
- I fixed the cause of the "out of memory" errors that tended to happen when the console was pulled down on some machines. There was a problem in UnrealScript with switch statements operating on strings, which caused this and some similar problems reported by licensees. Thanks to Mark Poesch of Legend for tracking this one down.
- Under some conditions, alt-tabbing between fullscreen and windowed play would cause the in-a-window game window to be collapsed to zero size. Fixed.
- I optimized the network visibility code by about 25%. Server admins are reporting notably more CPU usage per player with 224 than 220. I haven't tracked this down, but I'm going through a lot of code to measure and improve the server performance.
Many other fixes, tweaks, and incremental improvements are in the works. See the Known Bugs page for more info. -Tim