Patchou heeft vanmiddag een nieuwe versie van Messenger Plus! uitgebracht. Het gaat dit keer om bčtaversie 3.40, die als executable vanaf de fileserver is neer te halen. Messenger Plus! is een handige add-on voor MSN Messenger en geeft je onder andere de mogelijkheid om contacten te hernoemen, tekst op te maken en een bericht achter te laten als je niet aanwezig bent. Hieronder staat een gedeelte gekwoot van de release notes:
I did add a nice improvement in this beta: contact names are displayed with their colors and formatting attributes almost everywhere in Messenger, including in the contact list and in the toast popups. The feature is not complete yet but it seems to work pretty well already so I left it in the beta (note that there will be an option in the preferences panel of the final version to disable this feature). Apart from that, I added an enlarge button on the sponsor agreement window for people who want to take a closer look (I have nothing to hide), you can set auto-messages while being online, the creation of new contacts on desktop is more friendly and richedit controls all have a nice themed border when you run Windows XP (I'll release the code of that improvement on CodeGuru later this month for the two of you who may be interested).
- The "Hide advertisement banner" is not available in MSN Messenger 7 anymore. The reason is not entirely technical, I just felt this option had not its place in Messenger Plus! anymore, thank you for understanding.
- Some people in your contact list may be displayed with a different font than usual. This is due to the new "name multi-format" feature and it will be fixed in the final version. You can disable that feature to remove the bug by setting "ContactListMultiFormat" to 0 in the preferences registry key.
- No Plus! Enhanced Icon in the contact list for now, I'm working on a solution that will integrate nicely in the new Messenger 7 interface.
- The POP3 E-Mail feature will display popups for new emails but won't update the email count in the contact list (will be fixed too, somehow).
- The /nick command does not work. This means that you'll have to find another way to change your name (in Windows Messenger for example) if you want to benefit from the "name multi-format" feature
- and... that's it! everything else is supposed to work as well as before. I know it sounds natural for all of you, which is just sad for me as a lot of work was required for some features to be back and you'll never see it .