Eindelijk is dan na drie beta releases de final versie van BIOS 3R voor de Abit KT7 serie verschenen. Hieronder de complete release notes:
!!! Attention for upgrading KT7-RAID / KT7A-RAID BIOS to 3R !!!
- Update BIOS code.
- Enhance ISA PnP compatibility.
- Enhance SCSI adapters compatibility.
- Add 1400(133) Athlon support for KT7A/KT7A-RAID.
- Add new option "1200 above" for high speed Athlons with 100FSB. KT7 / KT7-RAID / KT7A / KT7A-RAID / KT7E only support 1.4G(100) Athlon with L1 bridges disconnected. Check L1 before you buy a CPU please!
- For Creative SBLive 5.1 sound card users, you may try these options while experience sound quality issue.
Setting above options to Disabled/3 will lead to the same result with VIA Latency patch V0.14 and may help SB Live 5.1 sound issue. If the system experiences low performance after these settings, enable the "PCI master read caching" please.
- PCI master read caching, default setting=Disabled
- PCI master time-out, Default setting=1
- Enhance the high speed 133FSB Athlon stability for KT7A/KT7A-RAID.
- HPT 370 RAID BIOS version 1.11.0402 for KT7-RAID/KT7A-RAID. This BIOS version is also for non RAID boards and HPT BIOS will be automatically disabled while RAID controller chip not detected.
- BIOS compile date: 07/05/2001
When you upgrade bios from ZT to 3R, we highly recommend you backup your system and data to an independent storage device first. New HPT 1.11.0402 bios may corrupt original RAID configuration created on old bios occasionally. That means you may need to rebuild RAID configuration. If it happens, all the data on RAID-0 will be gone!
For RAID-1 user, please press "CTRL+H" to enter hpt370 setup