Op de download pagina van iRiver zijn een aantal nieuwe firmwares verschenen voor hun producten uit de iFP-300(T) Series. In versie 1.11 en 2.06 wordt een nieuwe optie toegevoegd met de naam UMS, hiermee kan je de iFP speler ook gebruiken als externe harde schijf. De release notes zien er als volgt uit:
This is UMS(USB Mass Storage) firmware(iRiver Music Manager doesn't recognizes iFP player) enabling you to use your iFP player as a hard drive. If your player has beta UMS firmware, please format before upgrade firmware.
Please back up the iFP player's data because all your DATA will be erased during the firmware process.
- Xtreme 3D + Xtreme EQ (MENU > SOUND > Xtreme 3D)
Xtreme 3D increases the surrounding sound effect and Xtreme EQ increases the low pitched sound for a richer bass sound effect.
Xtreme 3D has a DBE (Dynamic Bass Enhancement) option for a richer bass sound effect. It also modifies the 5 original frequencies (50Hz, 200Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz and 14kHz) from -12dB to +12dB by 3dB intervals.
- SAD Function (MENU > CONTROL > VOICE AUTO DETECTION)
Sound Activity Detector (SAD) function saves memory and power of the player during voice recording. The SAD records only when the voice is captured automatically and turns off when it is silent.
- LINE-IN AUTO SYNC (MENU > CONTROL > LINE-IN AUTO-SYNC)
When an audio CD is recorded through Line-In, the directory will automatically differentiate each individual tracks as a separate file.
- New EQ Selection (MENU > SOUND > EQ SELECT)
The type of EQ can be selected by pressing AnB/EQ for a long time. Only the chosen EQs for EQ SELECT can be selected by this improvement. NORMAL mode has to be included in the EQ SELECT group.
- New DIR mode selection (MENU > MODE > REPEAT, SHUFFLE)
Repeat DIR()and Shuffle DIR() have been modified to default repeat modes. It is now possible to select these modes by simply pressing MODE buttons.
- Auto Formats after firmware upgrade Manager <-> UMS
When another type of firmware upgraded, it automatically formats the player. After the firmware upgrade is finished, the following screen will appear and formats the player automatically when the power is on.
- Improved transfer rate
The transfer rate of UMS version has been increased to 3.0 ~ 3.6Mbps.
[break]De volgende downloads staan klaar:
- Fixed the bug that resets player when DIR mode has been selected.
- Fixed the bug that creates unwanted noises while Voice Recording.
- Fixed the bug that breaks the display when various modes(i.e. Name modes) are implemented in Tuner mode.
- Reduced the noise level when Xtreme EQ is set.
- To decrease the distortion of the recorded sounds files (i.e. Voice Recording file, FM Radio file and Line-In Recording), the highest bit rate has been limited to 96Kbps. It will be upgraded through firmware upgrade in the future.
iFP-300T Firmware V1.11(UMS version-Europe)
iFP-300T Firmware V1.11(UMS version-US)
iFP-300 Firmware V1.11(UMS version-Europe)
iFP-300 Firmware V1.11(UMS version-US)
iFP-300T Firmware V2.06(Manager version)- Europe
iFP-300T Firmware V2.06(Manager version)- US
iFP-300 Firmware V2.06(Manager version)- Europe
iFP-300 Firmware V2.06(Manager version)- US