De afgelopen dagen kon de beta van Messenger Plus! 2.20 getest worden, en vandaag is de finalversie beschikbaar gesteld. Deze is uitgebracht in de vorm van 2.20.0052 en wordt geleverd met een zooi features en bugfixes. Je kan Messenger Plus! gerbuiken in combinatie met MSN 4.6, 4.7, 5.x en 6.x. Het volledig changelog ziet er als volgt uit:
2.20.52 Version - 13/07/2003
- The setup can now be launched with the "/SilentInstall" command line option. This can be used to install Messenger Plus! silently as part of another software distribution. To install silently without the sponsor, use "/SilentInstallNoSponsor"
- MSN Messenger 6 full compatibility. It demanded an enormous amount of work, due to the fact that Microsoft did several things that prevented Messenger Plus! to work with this new version of Messenger (I have no idea if this was intentional or not). The sad thing for me is that if I did my work properly, you won't notice any difference compared to before :p. Here are a few differences that will appear when using MSN Messenger 6:
o The Share button of the Instant Messages windows will not be displayed. Instead, the Share option is now located in the Plus! menu. o The security message is not always displayed by Messenger 6 so of course, Messenger Plus! won't display the changed one just for the sake of it if it's not necessary. o You can't use both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger 6 if you start MSN Messenger before Windows Messenger.
- As promised a month ago, the sponsor program has been modified to be better in a lot of ways. For example, no more adult links are added anywhere on your system and your DNS won't be modified if you're on a private network. Also, uninstallation is easier too.
- Personalised Status improved:
o The popup window has been redesigned to be more clear. Information text is now displayed using tooltips (the yellow windows you see when you let your mouse pointer one second on an element). o The layout allows messages to be set quickier (no need to explicitly enable the personalized mode yourself). Note: you have to use Ctrl+Enter to create new lines, not Shift+Enter. o You can now add name tags to your status... this helps you create any kind of custom status you desire. The tag is automatically added to your name and transformed by Messenger Plus! in the contact list.
- Due to popular demand, when you use the "change status after this time" feature, your old status is changed back when you start using your computer again.
- /me command fixed when used in Asian (chinese, japanese, ...) versions of Windows.
- The preferences panel have been reorganized and some options have been added:
o New Predefined Status layout. It now allows you to specify up to 20 of your own status. o New Boss Protection layout. You can enter up to three modes and its better looking too . o Sound options (including for the sound commands) can now be configured in the Preferences panel. For example, you can change the way Plus! will play the sounds. o Personalised Status can be selected for Auto Away, Boss Protect and Instant Lock modes. o I suggest you to check the preferences again after you've installed this new version to discover new options and familiarize yourself with the new organisation.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to recover from Boss Protection mode.
- By default, no ".." is added to truncated names in the logs now (can be modified in the registry).
- By default, Plus! sounds are now played even when your status is set to Busy (many people thought it was a bug). This can be changed from the Preferences.
- Added a protection against faulty sound codecs: if playing a sound command makes your computer crash once, Plus! will try another codec. If it crashes a second time, then the sound commands will be disabled.
- Added an improvement to avoid Messenger to crash when an installed codec fails to load. Also, Sound Commands should play for more people now.
- You can now associate sounds to groups for signin/signout.
- New command: /all. Use it to send a message to everybody to who you are currently talking. Can be handy when you want to say that you have to go for example.
- While you chat, if you of your contact change his name or his status, a line saying so will be added to the chat log file. This can be disabled from the registry.
- New multi-format tag: (!FS) (or the Cltr+S shortcut). This allwos you to display text with strike-out attribute.
- New feature: you can now associate a custom name for your contacts!
o The custom name will be displayed in the contact list and in some places else like the toast popups. o This feature is only available if you are using MSN Messenger 6.
- MusicMatch related problems fixed.
- Plugins! yes, you can now develop plugins for a plugin . This will allow developers to create their own commands and tags. More information about this functionality can be found at www.msgplus.net/plugins.htm.
- You can now set transparency effect for the event viewer window (right click in the window and select Configure).
- A lot of other bugs have been fixed and a lot of other small things has been added everywhere in the software. I hope you'll all have a good experience with this new release .