ViVa stuurt ons als eerste door naar de site van Patchou, waar een nieuwe versie van Messenger Plus! te downloaden is. Een opmerkelijke verandering in deze release is de toevoeging van een sponsor program. Hieronder staan de release notes met het bijbehorende changelog:
A new patch has been released for Messenger Plus!. I didn't plan to do another patch before the next big release but I had to do it for two reasons:
- The first reason is MSN Messenger 6. Because of some things Microsoft did, Messenger Plus! can't work properly with this new version of MSN Messenger (will be released sometimes this summer). The 2.10.36 patch makes sure that Messenger Plus! does not cause any problem with MSN Messenger 6 (however, it's absolutely not compatible with it for now).
- The second reason is more personal. Messenger Plus! being my only source of revenue for quite some time now, I had to find a way to earn enough to live my life. Messenger Plus! now comes with a sponsor program. If you don't like this, you are free not to install the sponsor during Messenger Plus! setup.
2.10.36 Version - 23/05/2003
- Fixed emoticon bug when using Alt+160 character at the beginning of its name in combination with the Truncate Name feature.
- Header in log files is always written using the selected interface language (only exception: using a complex language in Windows NT/2000/XP and logging in ANSI instead of Unicode. In that case, the header will be in english).
- Personalised Status mode resists even when Windows is locked.
- Archive Instant Messages and Archive Events options were inversed in the preferences. This is fixed.
- The Uninstaller and the Recovery Window are now 100% multi-language.
- New languages added: Malay, Estonian, Brazilian.
- There's no improvement concerning MSN Messenger 6 yet, I'm wtill working on it. However, I've modified some things so that Messenger Plus! disables itself properly when ran with this version of Messenger.
- Messenger Plus! is my only source of revenue and takes a lot of my time. Because of that, I'm currently testing a sponsor program. If you do not like that kind of program, you are free not to install it during Messenger Plus! setup. Thank you all for your support.