QNAP heeft versie 4.1.2 uitgebracht van de firmware die op diverse modellen van zijn nas-apparaten staat. In versie 4.1.2 treffen we geen grote veranderingen aan, maar zijn er in diverse onderdelen verbeteringen aangebracht, zoals Backup Station, File Station en Storage Manager. Daarnaast zijn er ook een flink aantal problemen verholpen. De complete changelog kan hieronder worden gevonden.
Enhancements and New FeaturesAntivirus
- Updated the ClamAV engine to version 0.98.
- Administrators can choose to show app icons on the main menu for all users and the login screen in the App Center.
- Adds a detailed error message for unsuccessful host connection tests in Rsync.
- Adds the option to not execute backup jobs immediately.
- Adds Elephant Drive v2.8 support.
- Adds the thumbnail generation option to File Station.
- Adds support for subtitles in Video Station and File Station.
- Adds seeking support for video playback during on-the-fly transcoding (For TS-x70, x79, x80).
- Users can switch resolutions in video playback without restarting video playback.
- Adds slideshow playback support in Media Viewer when users view photos.
- Adds an option for administrators to allows users to create shared links in File Station ("File Station" > "Options").
- Adds support for subtitles in File Station.
- Adds support for patch updates in Live Update and the installed Qfix list in Firmware Update.
- Adds a "Restart" button in HD Station.
- Adds an option to disable guest access in Folder Aggregation (users must log in before accessing the portal folder.)
- Improved the Qsync folder sync performance.
- Users can create team folders in "Qsync" > "Team Folder" on the Turbo NAS.
- Users can choose to download slideshow photos in either their original resolution or resized (lower resolution.)
- User accounts can be disabled by the logged in administrator.
- Adds the permission type "No Access" to shared folders in Privilege Settings (displayed when folder privileges "RO" and "RW" and "Deny" are all unchecked.)
- Allows the dash (-) and underscore (_) characters in SNMP community names.
- Upgraded OpenSSL to version 1.0.1j.
- Upgraded wget to version 1.16.
- Improved iSCSI and system stability.
- Adds block-based LUN support for LUN backup. (For SMB firmware, TS
- x69, x70, x79, x80, IS-400.)
- The system can now recognize SSD drives by their serial number.
- Adds support for creating file-based iSCSI LUNs on x79U models.
- Allows copying an iSCSI IQN from the Turbo NAS UI.
- When creating thick volumes or performing instant iSCSI allocation, the system will automatically check if the volume has exceeded the storage pool alert threshold (For SMB firmware, TS-x69, x70, x79, x80, IS-400.)
- Displays shared folders located on virtual disks in File Station.
- Adds support for subtitles in Video Station.
- Adds support for PPTP and OpenVPN VPN clients (Turbo NAS can act as a VPN client.)
- Displays the Chinese name for all major QNAP stations when users switch the QTS language to Chinese.
- Adds support for the photo wall and public app links for all Turbo NAS models.
- Improved Web Server response time.
- The WOL option is now enabled by default.
System Log and Syslog
- Removed host connection mode in the RTRR job property.
- Changed the log type of the "sync failed with NTP server" message to a warning.
- Amended Russian time zones.
- The maximum volume capacity for online RAID capacity expansion is only 16TB (for TS-x31 series.)
- The iSCSI service crashes during high IO load.
- If 8 REXP-1600Us are simultaneously connected to a TS-1679U and volume expansion is in progress, the system will hang during book-up.
- Advanced NTFS permissions fail when applied from a Windows client via Samba.
- Disabling the volume system cache will cause the file system to over-allocate blocks.
- The TS-469 Pro reboots after performing LUN backups using CIFS/SMB.
- When both the "Enable Advanced Folder Permissions" and "Enable Windows ACL support" options are checked, the USB shared folders will become inaccessible using Samba.
- Fails to back up the Q-RAID 1 volume to external devices.
- For firmware version 4.0.7, when "Live Update" and "App Update" are both running at the same time, the firmware update will fail.
- Cannot expand the RAID configuration to 6TB using superblock version 0.9.
- Only 8TB are detected from a linear disk volume created using two 6TB hard disk drives.
- Fails to upload new files using WebDAV.
- Fails to play .m4v files in File Station during on-the-fly transcoding.
- Numbers (iPad App) cannot detect excel files or folders that contain empty spaces using WebDAV.
- Fails to apply the updated NAS-NAS backup schedule settings after the destination NAS is powered down.
- It takes a very long time to move a large number of folders and files to another shared folder on the same NAS via File Station.
- Fails to detect the home folder using a web browser via FTP.
- The performance deteriorates after attempting the /sbin/vs_refresh command.
- The Video Station player fails to play .mov files using the on-the-fly transcoding option.
- The UI layout becomes inconsistent in different languages on the Remote Replication wizard page.
- Fails to set permissions for shared folders if they contain a large number of sub folders and files.
- Fails to disable or remove DeaDBeeF from HD Station
- The "Initialize LDAP database" string in LDAP Server remains in English after switching the QTS language to Chinese.
- Fails to display photos that have been edited using Lightroom 5.5 in Photo Station
- Fails to detect and log the HDD temperature when HDDs (on REXP) are overheated and shutdown.
- Fails to filter and detect HTML tags in playlist names in Music Station
- If the group name exceeds 50 characters, the users from that group will fail to launch File Station.
- After a system reboot, a modified USB external storage configuration will be reset to default.
- Syslogs Server fails to display logs if they are too long.
- After logging into Photo Station using the following URL (xx.xx.xx.xx/photo) and enlarging the browser page to larger than 175%, the browser cannot switch to the second page if there are more than 60 photos in total.
- Fails to display Chinese folder or file names correctly if the NAS is accessed using a Mac via WebDAV.
- Guests cannot download photos from a public, shared album (a 401 unauthorized error message will appear.)
- When uploading a large number of files to an iSCSI volume, the iSCSI connection will fail.
- The NAS will reboot automatically after large files (larger than 850G) are removed in File Station.
- The time on the QTS desktop freezes after the user-defined daylight saving time.
- The system fails to wake from S3 sleep mode.
- The Check File System function fails after CloudLink is installed.