De Final van The Bat! 1.62 is alweer een tijdje uit, maar deze wilden wij jullie niet onthouden. The Bat! is een full-fledged emailclient met vele functies. Voor screenshots ga je naar deze pagina. Het changelog vermeldt de volgende veranderingen:
Version 1.62 (07-Dec-2002)
[break] Klik hier om het vleermuisje binnen te halen. Wil je de vleermuis ook Nederlands laten spreken, dan download je ook de International Pack van 3.2MB.
- Possibility to choose MailTicker folders at once by right clicking on the MailTicker.
- Forwarded flag can be used in the "View|Display|Advanced filtering".
- In case of CRAM-MD5 authentication failure on SMTP, there is a fallback to less secure authentication mechanisms, unless "Require secure authentication" option is checked.
- More diganostic information is given when reporting error in displaying html.
- The Bat! issues 'RSET' SMTP command after each message sent to prevent subsequent message to be send to addressees of a previous message on some odd servers.
- Specials| Create Filter (Shift-Ctrl-F) didn't work when message auto-view was turned off.
- The Bat! didn't support the SMIMEEncryptionKeyPreference S/MIME attribute and thus was unable to verify didital signatures made by Outlook XP.
- SmartBat contents wasn't saved when exiting The Bat! with open SmartBat.
- Fixed some incompatibilities with RFC2797 (Certificate Management Messages over CMS).
- There was an action in sorted/office filters which was logged as an error and caused an exclamation sound.
- Fixed a bug in "Message Redirect" cmmand with inserting the redirector's Reply-To information into the redirected message if the original message didn't have the Reply-To field set.
- Removed flickering in the About box when the credits are scrolled.
- Attachments were not deleted from the attachments directory when they were deleted from the Trash folder.
- TLS error messages weren't logged.
- "Sender" was added to the address list in "Reply To All" command.
- Change of Account/Folder directory and removal of account files wasn't handled gracefully.
- The Bat! didn't properly support Serbian Cyrillic.
- A work-around for the WinSock buffer overrun bug.
- Parameter SELECTED was ignored in < SELECT > tag of HTML messages.
- Local delivery was working only for one message per address.
- Some problems with splitters.
- Address books were not restored correctly for "fresh" installations.
- Messages restored from parts were not checked for viruses.