Irex heeft voor zijn DR800S en DR800SG e-readers een bètaversie van firmware 2.0 uitgegeven. Hiermee wordt onder ander de prestaties van de 3g-verbinding verbeterd en ondersteuning toegevoegd voor epub's zonder embedded fonts voor talen als het Grieks, Pools en Russisch. Voor verschillende gebruikerservaringen met deze e-reader en e-readers in het algemeen kan je terecht in het Het eBookreader-ervaringentopic op ons forum.
Public BETA of the DR800S and SG 2.0 software available
IREX Technologies is happy to report that there is now also a Public Beta of the DR800S and DR800SG 2.0 software available. This BETA version still has some known issues but it is fully functional, feature complete and should only have minor problems. It is also Adobe-Certified with regard to PDF/EPUB rendering and DRM.
Improvements from v1.0
- 3G Connection Setup time improved by using Qualcomm Network Driver
- Show 3G signal strength on status bar while connected
- Add Notepad application
- Add Advanced Settings, allowing:
- Scribble on PDF documents
- Zoom in PDF documents
- Enable folder-browsing of your SD card
- Adobe 9.1 RMSDK based rendering of PDF and EPUB, including B&N EPUB support and image dithering
- Integrated B&N Creditcard input dialog into the document open flow (ask only if needed)
- Support EPUBs without embedded fonts for e.g. Greek, Polish, Russian
- Add “Go To Page” function to document viewer
- Move Continue Reading to the first position of the Home screen
- Automatic indexing of Thumbnails and Title/Author metadata (can be disabled in Advanced Settings)
- Added Time Zone selection to the Date/Time Settings
- View Book Information menu function that shows more details for PDF and EPUB
- Fixed issues with EPUB rendering when GUI language is non-English
- Fixed a bug where the Power Management would fail and the battery would drain quickly (related to pagination of PDB and TXT documents)
- Many other bugfixes
Please report and or discuss found bugs in this forum message.
- There is a known issue with 3G connection and standby. This will break your 3G connectivity if you try to connect to the E-Mall quickly (within 30 seconds) after resuming the device from Suspend (white screen). We are working on a fix for this issue. If you encounter it, only a reset will help.
- There is no way to merge or export Notes and Scribbles for usage on a PC. We’re also still fixing a bug in the document viewer that will likely make all scribbles on PDF documents made with this beta unusable on the final 2.0 release.
- There is a bug in Scribble on PDF that allows you to write outside of the physical PDF page and that will show strange clipping artifacts if you do so. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
- Not all (new) GUI texts have been translated into all supported languages yet.