EasyPeasy was voorheen bekend als Ubuntu Eee, maar is van naam veranderd nadat Canonical op zijn trademark-strepen is gaan staan. Deze Linux-distributie richt zich op netbooks, zoals de Asus Eee PC, Acer Aspire One en Dell Inspiron Mini 9. De ontwikkelaars hebben aan het begin van deze maand EasyPeasy 1.6 bèta 1 uitgebracht, waarbij de verwachting is dat de stabiele versie aan het eind van deze maand volgt. De bijbehorende aankondiging luidt als volgt:
EasyPeasy 1.6/Beta 1
The team has working hard to bring you the best netbook experience. The 1.6 Beta 1 is the first release of EasyPeasy 1.6, bringing with it the earliest new features for the next version of EasyPeasy. Released March 2 03:00 PM UTC+1
This is a beta release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released on March 25, 2010.
- New interface
- Social By Default: We now feature built in integration with Twitter, identi.ca, Facebook, and other social networks with the MeMenu in the panel, which is built upon the Gwibber project, which has a completely new, more reliable backend built on top of desktopcouch.
- All packages are upgraded
- All Gnome packages upgraded
- Default search engine has been changed to Yahoo! Default Home Page will use either Google or Yahoo! depending on user setting.
- Beta 1 includes the 2.6.32-14.20 kernel based on 188.8.131.52.
- 1.6 Beta 1 sports full removal of the hal package, making EasyPeasy faster to boot and faster to resume from suspend.
- The likewise-open package, which provides Active Directory authentication and server support for Linux, has been updated to version 5.4.
- New default open source driver for nVidia hardware
- Improved support for nVidia proprietary graphics drivers
- Ubuntu branding instead of EasyPeasy branding in top left corner, boot and install
- Wrong icon theme. Defaults to Tango
- On video hardware that supports KMS, the live CD sometimes does not reboot successfully, instead displaying the boot logo indefinitely. To work around this, you will need to power down the system manually. Investigation of this issue is ongoing. As a workaround, users can boot from a USB stick instead of from a CD. (506418)
- Because of the new alternatives system used for nvidia driver packages, the nvidia installer from NVIDIA's website currently doesn't work.