Patchou gisteren in de vorm van versie 4.11.254 een update voor Messenger Plus! Live de deur uit gedaan. Dit programma is een add-on voor Windows Live Messenger, die allerlei mogelijkheden toevoegt om zo het chatten eenvoudiger en aangenamer te maken. Een uitgebreid overzicht van deze mogelijkheden is op deze pagina te vinden. Deze versie markeert tevens het begin van een script-wedstrijd, die op zijn beurt weer is uitgeschreven om het feit te vieren dat er al meer dan één miljoen scripts van de website van Messenger Plus! zijn gedownload. Het changelog laat verder voornamelijk bugfixes zien:
The scripting contest announced earlier this month has finally arrived and along with it, the release of Messenger Plus! Live 4.11! this update is for bug fixes only and solves things such as compatibility with add-ons like SimpLite-MSN and softwares such as Windows Live Mail. Some more fixes were made to the scripting API and everything is now ready for the contest!
So, what’s this new contest all about? it’s a contest organised to celebrate the first million of scripts downloaded from the official database on this site. It is opened to script developers only but if you’re a simple user, you’ll soon be able to enjoy a lot of great scripts published as a result of the contest participations. If you’re a developer, now is your chance to either create your very first Messenger add-on with the scripting API or to perfect the one you’ve been working on these past few months! Here is how things will work: the contest is opened to anybody in the world from November 28th to December 19th 2006 (3 weeks). To participate, the only thing you need to do is submit a script that works properly with Messenger Plus! Live 4.11. The script must be free of any obvious problem and if your script is already in the database, an update must be submitted to be eligible for the contest.
- Messenger Plus! now always works properly when a SOCKS server is configured in the Messenger options (can happen when installing other add-ons such as SimpLite-MSN). This fixes problems with contact events not being detected.
- Every Messenger process launched in the system is now terminated if necessary during setup to prevent "file locked" problems.
- Fixed: Messenger crashes if a script or a sound pack is attempted to be imported while Messenger Plus! has not been loaded properly (when the "Software Not Loaded" menu is present).
- Fixed: some preferences may not be loaded and scripts may not be started when Messenger is launched automatically by another product such as Windows Live Mail.
- Fixed: messages sent with multiple lines are not logged properly in Messenger 8.1 in XHTML logs (line breaks were not written properly).
- Fixed: scripts that throw an exception during a DLL function call may crash Messenger if the scripting debug window is not displayed. This caused some scripts that seemed to work fine in version 4.00 to crash with version 4.01 and 4.10.
- Fixed: the AlwaysReloadInterfaces registry setting does not function properly.
- Scripts: parameters ranging from 0x80000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF can now be passed to Interop.Call without the need for an extra workaround.
- Scripts: "null" values can now be passed to Interop.Call and are interpreted as "0" (integer).
- Scripts MsgPlus.Version returns a better floating point value (see update in documentation).