De ontwikkelaars van het programma Vienna voor het Mac OS X-platform hebben versie 2.1.0 de deur uitgedaan. Met dit programma kan je allerlei RSS- en Atom-feeds binnenhalen en vervolgens bewaren in een lokale SQLite database. Ook kunnen aanwezige weblinks in de feeds via de op Safari gebaseerde geïntegreerde browser bezocht worden. De aankondiging samen met de lijst van aanpassingen ziet er als volgt uit:
It's been a long time but I'm happy to announce that Vienna 2.1 is now released. You can download it from the Open Community web page or use Check for Updates (from the Vienna menu in pre-release versions of 2.1 or the Help menu in 2.0.4.)
There are a number of new features in 2.1 which are described on the Features page, but also a host of bug fixes and minor improvements. In keeping with the philosophy of Vienna, we've worked hard to make these improvements simple and seamless. Another significant change is the addition of three new localisations contributed by volunteers. To the languages supported in 2.0.4 we have now added Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Simplified Chinese.
A list of the key changes in 2.1 include:
Thanks to everybody who assisted with the beta testing and for the valuable and constructive feedback. Personal thanks from me to Jeff for his efforts as co-administrator and a contributor of a whole host of bug fixes to the 2.1 code base over the last few months.
- Support manually sorting folders by default.
- Added "Increase text size" and "Decrease Text Size" for browser view.
- Changed key combination for "Cancel Refreshing" to control-command-s to make command-"-" available for text size.
- Added "Send Link" functionality for article view.
- Add address bar and refresh, back and forward buttons at the top of the browser web pages.
- Add -profile command line option to support custom profiles (needed for Portable Vienna).
- Added "Refresh Folder Images" command.
- Added "Blog With" command to blog the selected article.
- Sort article list by multiple columns, saving the order in which columns were sorted.
- Added "Summary" field which shows the first part of the description.
- In condensed reading mode with the pane on the right, the headline fields can now be configured.
- Added "Filter By" to allow articles to be filtered in the article list by all, unread or date.
- Persist open tabs when Vienna exits and restore them when it restarts.
- Handles HTTP 410 to mark a feed as unsubscribed.
- Add button to Mark All Read the selected feeds.
- Unread articles marked as bold.
- Allow dragging of Trash folder.
- Green icon for articles with updated article text.
- Don't select first article when switching folders.
- Renaming folders now done by editing the name in the folder pane.
- Changed modifier key for overriding default browser preference from shift to option.
- Add Get Info command option and moved Validate command to the info panel.
- New Layout menu: report, condensed and unified layouts.
- Provide two new options for new articles notifications: bounce dock icon or no notification at all.
- Add Keyboard Shortcuts item to Help menu.
- Change browser's user agent string from Mozilla/Safari to Vienna.
- Use Sparkle framework for version updates.