Do you want to make a difference? We are looking for a hands-on, inspiring and result-oriented Operations Manager who is looking forward to growing with us to next levels!
AWL is a system integrator of state of the art automated high-tech machinery for joining processes with more than 50 years of experience. With facilities in the Netherlands (headquarter), the Czech Republic, China, United States and Mexico we are a leading global company in the manufacturing industry. This guarantees our customers' global productivity by means of smart and reliable solutions in the field of high-end automation, robotization and joining techniques. We are a private company with more than 700 staff worldwide.
AWL Automation LLC was founded in 2017 and established in Spartanburg, South Carolina - USA. Our facility covers more than 3,500 m2 (office and factory). Nowadays we employ around 40FTE. Our goal is to continue growth and we are looking for an operations manager who is looking forward to growing together! Summary:
- Type: full-time position
- Location: Spartanburg - South Carolina
- Starting: January 2020
- Reports to: the Managing Director
- Leads: Operations (Responsible for Project Management, Purchasing, Assembly and Engineering)
- Overall responsible for the operational process. Organizing and monitoring effective execution of projects;
- Translate the strategy into policies and development plans;
- Build bridges between the Operations departments, Sales and Operations;
- Oversee daily operations to ensure goals are achieved;
- Participating in matters relating to personell and cooperate with our headquarter in the Netherlands and other branch offices;
- Ensure correct planning for the required capacity and translate the planning from a strategic to an operational level;
- To have a critical eye for signaling bottlenecks and are able to proactively find solutions. Negotiating and decision making skills are key;
- Optimizing the organization whereby you follow the business process and adjust where necessary;
- Regular international travel.
Your natural leadership qualities enable you to get the best out of people and to motivate staff. You are visible on the shop floor on a daily basis. You are encouraging employees in improvement activities and will make sure there is a collaborative atmosphere that builds respect and loyalty among all employees. You coach and support the team leaders to improve the processes by the application of Lean manufacturing principles in order to deliver high impact business results. Qualifications:
What else can you expect from us?
- Bachelor's degree or a related field (Technical or Industrial Engineering) (Master or MBA preferred) is required;
- >5 years of related experience in positions of increasing responsibility in manufacturing and operations or similar, management fields;
- Solid background and work experience in the field of machine building/engineering or Supply Chain is preferred;
- A team builder and strong business acumen and solution drive;
- You have strong entrepreneurial skills in developing the organization to next levels in areas of: Continuous Improvement (Lean and Six Sigma), Empowerment, Coaching, Cultural Values, Communication, Collaboration and Implementation of Change;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in English language;
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and Lean management.
- Awareness of internal and external customer needs.
A challenging, inspiring and professional high-tech work environment with a pleasant and informal working atmosphere at a proven successful and growing company. There are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this, we offer a competitive salary and benefits packages. Additional information:
For more information about this position, please contact Marcella Groeneveld, Operations Manager US via telephone number +18648872353. Alternatively, you can contact , Director Strategy & Development AWL via telephone number +31 (0)341 411 811.
For support with submitting your application, you can contact our Recruiter, Bianca de Vries via