- Plaatsingsdatum: 22-10-2019
- Vacaturenummer: 22600
At a glance
Do you want to bring banking as we know it to the next level and contribute to the biggest digital revolution in Dutch banking history? Do you have affinity with data and the data integration and agree with us that data is at the core of the value we can bring to our customers? We are reinventing the data landscape and work on the bank's data marketplace. This is a seamless and single portal experience, where you provide securely and use quickly, the data needed. Are you passionate about designing and building it?WithWith us, you can put your passion into action!WeWe are looking for a full stack developer who has proven experience in designing, deploying, building and maintaining web application hosted on Azure. Sounds good? Right!
To speed up and strengthen the digital & data transformation we are searching the best full stack developer to help us. With helping we mean that you:
- Understand the data technologies of today and tomorrow and know how to implement them in effective way
- Must innovate, experiment and advice on applying new technologies
- Are a team player willing to be part of a team with engineers.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work in DevOps teams and have an agile mindset
As a full stack Developer will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
- Work with the Solution engineers and contribute to the development of roadmaps
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including the development lifecycle, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines
- By using the right technologies which fit for purpose
- Deliver web applications from an idea inception and validation to a scalable solution.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users, prioritizing based on business impact.
- Develop new user-facing products and optimize existing ones using both client-side as well as server-side languages and technologies
- The main programming language we use is Python. If you have experience with Python or are interested in working with Python, this role may be a good fit for you.
Examples of the epics/episodes you could work on:
- Data streaming solutions (Kafka)
- Big data platform Hadoop
- Big data platform on cloud (Microsoft)
- Remain compliant with regulators (such as GDPR)
- Security framework
- Meta data framework
- Enabling of self-service BI tooling
- Aware of the latest trends in data and bring smart ideas to the table
Your working environment
With a combination of goodies straight from the market leaders (such as Kafka confluent, Databricks, PowerBI, Cosmos, Cloudera/Horton works) and self-build tooling CADM Data & Analytics is the data heart of ABN AMRO. In this team it is acknowledged that the status quo needs to be broken and that radical modernization of the way we treat data is necessary. Therefore, the possibilities are vast. Building software is great but creating value out of seven petabytes of data is better! While this means we value our top-notch quality standard, you will be surprised by the informal atmosphere in which we do this. You are part of a (scrum)team and you will guide and assist the various agile scrum teams by translating Enterprise architectures into solutions using the latest technologies.
As you can see, we have certain expectations. Ideally, you already fit into them. If you do not, but feel you can grow into such an expert, we are also very interested to meet you! Required skills:
- You do not only understand the technical part, but you are also aware that to create value out of vast amounts of data, you need to implement tools to analyze this, with all its aspects
- You have an exploratory and eager mindset, on the lookout for new developments, but you understand that for sustainability adopting certain standards are required
- A team player, willing to help others and share knowledge whenever you think you can
- Experience with large-scale distributed applications.
- Understanding the multi-tier, rest and microservices architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
- Experience working on products that impact a large user base or in a multi-culture environment
- Self-starters with a collaborative, "can-do" attitude.
- Quick delivery of end-to-end solutions to validate ideas and produce quality products
- Experience working on a command line in a Linux environment.
- Passionate learners who aren't afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once
- We prefer to see an education in Computer Science, Information Science, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Skills in Data tooling and Data related Programming Languages are (depending on the level of application) either a big advantage to understand and advise the development teams you support. Please find examples in the previous section.
What we offer
We are offering
- A good salary
- Substantial education possibilities and a public transportation card.
- A large responsibility, with flexibility and freedom to do your job
- A well-equipped office, and all required facilities to do your job
- Freedom to use various cloud services like Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Opportunities to visit (tech-related) seminars
- Required investments to boost your personal skills
- A client base of +/- 5mio users for you to make an impact on
- informal atmosphere with plenty of room for fun and learning by doing
Interested! apply directly via our website, for more information please contact Bog ( ) if you have any more questions. We look forward to meeting you!
23 oktober 2019
Automatisering / Internet
it development engineer
Banken / Financiële dienstverlening
1 - 40 uur per week
Gustav Mahlerlaan, Amsterdam