For the new systematic trading desk of our client, I am sourcing for a data analyst with interest in financial markets, data science and predictive machine learning.
As Data Analyst within the Systematic Desk, you create systems to manage all external data feeds, ensuring timeliness, availability, reliability and correctness. You build standardized data interfaces that allow for querying across diverse data sets while enforcing safeguards. Furthermore, you build high availability systems to supply data to both analytical and live trading systems. You implement data versioning standards to support research and develop algorithms to address data abnormality, corruption and gaps. All this, you do as a true team player, with skills to multi-task and delegate.
- Opportunity to join a startup team of young professionals
- Modern office on walking distance from The Hague Central Station
- Full time position, but part time is an option
- Education is encouraged and new opportunities promoted
* Degree with record of academic achievements, preferably in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics or related
* Circa 1-5 years experience in designing data infrastructure and architecture
* Focus on scalability, concurrency and correctness using programming languages like MATLAB and Python
* Interest in financial markets
* Experience with Bloomberg and Eikon ThomsonReuters preferred
* Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The organization has its background and is still part of a global international grain and oil seed merchant, and has diversified its activities as from 2000. Nowadays, the company has two main activities, Investment activity (PE, VC and Structure Finance) and Proprietary Trading, specialized in global commodities.
In terms of culture, this can be described as professional and dedicated. People know what is happening in their field, and share their thoughts on global developments on a daily (informal) basis. The company is small, and therefore people are agile, confident and have the ability to work in an open work space. The company rewards success, promotes new opportunities and encourages permanent education.
The Systematic Desk is an in-house close-end startup venture, with potential to become a regulated open-ended specialized investment fund. The company takes a long term view on investment strategies.
1 november 2019
Automatisering / Internet
Data Analyst - Systematic Trading
Handel / Groothandel
Banken / Financiële dienstverlening
32 - 40 uur per week