Tweakers maakt gebruik van cookies, onder andere om de website te analyseren, het gebruiksgemak te vergroten en advertenties te tonen. Door gebruik te maken van deze website, of door op 'Ga verder' te klikken, geef je toestemming voor het gebruik van cookies. Wil je meer informatie over cookies en hoe ze worden gebruikt, bekijk dan ons cookiebeleid.
Bestseller · Standplaats: Amsterdam · 30 september 2019
Senior DevOps Engineer
Apply before: 29 November 2019
As our new DevOps Engineer, you will work on solutions that help maintain Bestseller's infrastructure and platform, keeping it in peak form. We expect you to challenge our status quo and deliver improvements in both technology and processes to support the other teams in the department in regards to DevOps best practices. Our System Engineering team is the heartbeat of Bestseller, driving innovation and supporting customer-facing applications, internal services, and external partners. We focus on delivering value to our users in a highly effective, iteration-driven approach.
You're building the future of Bestseller - and are responsible for delivering solutions to ensure scalability. Additionally, we focus on maintaining and scaling our platform infrastructure while keeping our core services and applications fast, stable, reliable and available.
- Working closely with your team to influence and create new designs, architectures, and standards.
- Coach other development teams with workshops and training about technologies we use and general DevOps methodologies.
- Engage in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Participate in on-call duties.
We are software engineers, delivering a platform that drives innovation.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data storage, etc.)
- 5+ years experience administering UNIX/Linux system internals
- 3+ years experience using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Proficiency in at least one language from the stack we use: Python, Java, Golang, or Node.js (bonus points for Python)
- Working experience with automation tools like Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a must
- Strong understanding of synchronous/asynchronous microservice & data architectures
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
1. Autonomy. Freedom and flexibility to implement what you want, how you want.
2. Multi-cloud. Ability to pick and choose the best tool for the job from AWS or GCP.
3. Growth. Time for training and certifications are prioritized within the sprints.
4. Bottom-up. Ideation, new technologies, and priorities are created by the team.
5. Culture. The System Engineering team has a unique culture within Bestseller.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly below. In case you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact Laura Gonzalez, Recruitment Specialist onApply job
Come work with us
We are continuously on the lookout for new talented and committed colleagues, so we are very pleased to receive lots of applications from candidates who are eager to join our company.
To ensure the best starting point for the recruitment process, here is some good advice that can help you write a targeted application.
Not sure who to contact?
Call or e-mail our reception.