C. Steinweg – Handelsveem B.V. is an international service provider in the field of storage, handling, forwarding, chartering and other related logistics services. Daily we help our clients with their supply chain. We offer tailor made solutions to support complex logistical and warehousing challenges of our clients all over the world. We also offer a wide range of value added services for a variety of commodities such as: cleaning, crushing, packing and many more. Client satisfaction and the highest quality of service are our motivators.
To achieve that we are constantly innovating and optimizing our services and expanding our knowledge to help our clients, which include producers, financial institutions and end-users. Globally we are working with 4500 employees to realize our services.At the core of our capability, to offer our clients the best possible services, a strong IT department is a prerequisite. For our continuously growing IT department (currently 90 IT professionals), we are looking for a:
"2nd” line Support Engineer (System SME)
The support team is responsible for the smooth functioning of the infrastructure consists of generalists. Each member has their own area(s) of expertise. You will function as an SME regarding Microsoft, VMware and/or Linux related topics for other members within your team and the Servicedesk as well as a liaison role towards the 3rd line engineering team.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Networking – All networking functions for internal and external IT communications (router, firewalls, DNS servers, load balancing, etc.);
- Server management for applications and infrastructure – Set up configuration, maintenance, upgrades, patching, repair and impact analysis;
- Monitoring infrastructure health and respond when an issue occurs on a resource (E.G. storage, mail, file servers, Applications servers and communications);
- Resource management to insure that all systems have sufficient diskspace, and CPU to function properly.
- Providing Level 2 support for the Service Desk - with responsibility of escalating issues to; and following up on issues with Level 3 support;
- Auditing – Proving to stakeholders (corporate auditors, the government, regulatory agencies, business partners, etc.) that our network is correctly configured and secured;
- Documentation: Maintain, manage, and add to the existing documentation for the organization
- Performing root cause analysis and implement solutions for recurring issues;
- Working with outside resources/vendors that provide services for our infrastructure;
- Assist in training the ServicedDesk to move towards a "First call fix" environment.
Who are you:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or proven work experience in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline;
- Certification(s) or proven working experience with in at least one( preferably two) of the following fields: MCSA Windows Server 2016, VMware Horizon(VCP7-DTM), CISCO (CCNA) Routing and Switching, Red Hat System Administrator (RHCSA);
- 3-5 years of equivalent work experience in a technical and analytical position responsible for managing server environments in an Enterprise Environment;
- Working knowledge of network and Server operating systems, including Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019;
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies like VMware;
- Working knowledge of storage technologies. Dell VNX, Unity, Recoverpoint and, QNAP;
- Working knowledge of application technologies, including Microsoft Exchange, Veeam backup, VMware, Cisco, Fortinet;
- Strong communicator and Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to self-manage work and escalations;
- Experience in remotely installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including RAID, Full Flash and I/O topology;
- Ability to read and understand ( writing is a pré ) a scripting language to automate processes;
- Proficient in Dutch and English.
What do we offer:
- A challenging and dynamic job at one of the biggest logistic service providers in the world;
- Possibility for personal growth and development;
- International work environment;
- Great remuneration package;
- Being a member of an innovating and growing IT department that will keep you challenged and interested for many years.
- You will be located in Rotterdam
You will love working at Steinweg!
We are eager to meet you. To apply for this job please ensure to submit both your resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our recruiter, Henriette Oppenheim, at 06-53314725.
C. Steinweg - Handelsveem B.V.
23 juli 2019
Automatisering / Internet
Tweedelijns support Systems
Transport / Opslag / Distributie
32 - 40 uur per week