Key Account Manager Government
The Key Account Manager Government is responsible for large cities and governmental organizations. Cities and governmental organizations are digitally transforming and the Key Account Manager role is at the leading edge of this transformation journey with our customers. The goal of the Key Account Manager is leading industry digital transformation engagements and opportunities with the top government customers of CycloMedia, with deep industry knowledge and experience.
This is a senior role that is operating at a strategic level with CycloMedia' s top customers, with deep engagement and understanding of the industry business issues and strategic challenges. In this role you are the subject matter expert in their industry. The role is positioned in a customer centric account team. You build relationships to become a trusted advisor to key customer business decision-makers, helping them build the program of digital transformation change. The role will use industry experience, expertise and credentials directly with customer business decision makers to engage and create unique business value.
A strong network in the geospatial sector and thorough understanding off and relations with the governmental market is essential to be successful in this role. You will build and maintain relationship with potential customers and advise them what the impact is of using our data to their core processes.
The Key Account Manager is able to translate commercial targets into account plans and realize them. Responsible for the entire sales process, from acquisition to closing contract. This includes different tasks: strategic market planning, generating leads through marketing campaigns and event, developing opportunities, funnel management and closing contracts. Building trust and relationship is essential.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Engaging with our top (local) Governmental client to identify, generate and nurture new business opportunities on different departments and levels - GIS, business, procurement, (city) executive level.
- Focus on G5 and top 10 valuable customers.
- Working on solving real world problems of major urban areas by applying creativity, your market insights and technology know how to make real impact.
- Develop and executive an Strategic Account Management Framework for on a selected group of top accounts in the Netherlands governmental space.
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the sales, business development and product team to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation.
- Acting as industry thought leader and supporting customer engagements such as executive briefings, customer workshops and internal sales team readiness.
- Successfully position the concept of digital transformation and sell our unique data and highly innovative data insights on CxO level/City Executives level/Geo level.
- Successfully act in the sales team as be an example for more junior sales.
- Lead bids and support tenders for the governmental market (bid management, sales win strategy).
- Successfully liaise and interact with colleagues in the NL team and with Product Management - providing feedback on market developments, product requirements and business development opportunities.
- Successfully participate and be prime contact to the geo and smart city community like Geo Business NL.
- 10+ years industry domain expertise and expertise working in business roles at a company in the target industry
- Significant (10+ years) industry solution selling experience
- Business development and sales skills
- Market development skills
- Industry specialized sales or consulting position with an IT or GIS company
- Act as a leader in a complex environment with many stakeholders
- Be proactive in the daily business, improve and move things
- Be able to bridge the communications gap that often exists between technology executives and their business stakeholders
- Skills to seek for leads, develop and close, experience in target oriented organization
- Excellent communications skills, able to build relationships with the customer
- Be the trusted advisor for your clients
- Thought leadership on smart city themes like mobility, safety, energy and sustainability • Presence and experience with GIS/GEO solutions, understanding and able to bring across the value of geo information
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience in industry
- Bachelor's degree is required preferably in Technology Systems or Business
- Experienced in CxO and technology/data sales, as it is the core of the job
- Experience in working with (Smart) cities & utilities would give you a head start
- A strong entrepreneurial drive means you always strive for the best outcome, take risks and manage your scope of responsibility
- You are a self-reliant person
- Result driven
- Affinity with technical products
- Able to communicate up to C-level
- Relationship-oriented and problem solver
- Excellent Dutch & English language skills
- Master degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in selling, promoting, supporting both Data as well as AI solutions
Send your online application to Erika van den Heuvel . For more information, please contact Cyclomedia via .
- Van Voordenpark 1b
- 5301 KP Zaltbommel (NL)
- T +31 (0) 418 - 55 61 00
- Subscribe to our newsletter
14 januari 2021
Onderwijs / Onderzoek / Wetenschap
key account manager government
1 - 40 uur per week
Van Voordenpark, Zaltbommel