As a Data Engineer, you will be part of the team that is responsible for implementing and maintaining IT applications for digital HR. You will be an active member of the DevOps team with your primary focus on development. Among your responsibilities:
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing new and existing data flows to make data available for BI developers, data analysts/scientists, and directly to stakeholders in some cases;
- Working with large sets of data and being responsible for making them accessible through information products for other users. Thereby, focusing on ETL from various sources into the data platform and on logical data modeling. The goal of all this is to automate and optimize the performance of the data ecosystem.
- Working with both the business consultants and business users in order to understand and aid the implementation of database requirements. You analyze performance and troubleshoots any existent issues from users.
So how does that translate into a working day? On a typical day you will:
- Develop large scale batch (and real-time) data flows from various sources to meet business needs;
- Transform, clean, index, and process data in a standardized, modular manner;
- Monitor, maintain, and enhance data flows/models;
- Research opportunities for new data sources and acquisition and implement interfaces;
- Break down complex problems into tactical actions and implement engineering innovations quickly and reliably;
- Stimulate and advise reuse of data by collaborating with other engineers and stakeholders;
- Resolve issues around data flow management;
- Advice on and support operational activities related to hardware infrastructure provisioning and configuration;
- Present and engage in technical discussions with team members and management.
The Data Engineer we are looking for likes solving complex puzzles; is creative and passionate about data. Next to that, we'd like to see:
- University degree in IT or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in a (data) engineering role;
- Exceptional SQL skills;
- Strong understanding of Kimball techniques;
- Proven experience in Azure Data Factory environment
- Agile / Scrum mindset and experience;
- Coding, ETL, and automation best practices;
- Knowledge of handling sensitive data;
- Certifications: Azure Fundamentals and Azure data engineering associate;
- Strong analytical and communicative skills.
Working in a startup environment, a fun-small team, building a new product from scratch that reaches thousands of users,... While being part of a big corporate that offers you stability, a good salary, and a million opportunities to grow within the organization.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is not afraid to be outspoken, take responsibilities, and have fun doing what you love.
Your valuable contribution to the company is priceless.
Nevertheless, we want to make sure that you feel rewarded for your effort, so, you will have unlimited career potential, an attractive salary between 63.000 and 90.000 Euros gross p.a. for 40 hours/week. Next to that, there's an attractive set of secondary benefits, including
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- Possibility of working 36 hours/week
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions, or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- flexible working times and location-independent working.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport!
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
6 januari 2021
Automatisering / Internet
Senior Data Engineer / AZURE
Banken / Financiële dienstverlening
32 - 40 uur per week
Haarlemmer Houttuinen, Amsterdam