As IT Business Analyst, you are part of a successful team and organisation which has new shareholders and have the ambition to improve the business and IT departments. In your role you will be part of an analytical team which will change and improve the current processes and systems between the business and IT department.
In the role of IT Business Analyst you are part of the business analysis team. This team is responsible for both the middleware (developed by our client) and back office processes and knows how to convert the business requirements into solutions in the software.
As an IT Business Analyst, you are the bridge between business and IT. You are responsible for the user stories and the functional designs and make sure that you understand the requirements of the business and elaborate them in detail. Together with the development team you make the planning for the new developments, support them during the development process, test the delivered stories and are able to write test scenarios for the business. You analyse the problems that users encounter and, if necessary, translate them into stories for the development team.
You are able to come up with ideas that can improve processes and systems and work them out in detail. You also work in a structured way, take initiative and have good organizational and communication skills.
- Translate the requirements and wishes of the business in to detailed descriptions
- Devise appropriate solutions in collaborations with architects
- Develop and maintain use case models
- Mapping the scope and preconditions
- Collaborate with developers and testers to deliver clear specifications
- Temporarily detecting and dissolving deviations
- Advise colleagues.
About the department
The team that is involved in the (further) development of the Middleware platform within the MidOffice now consists of 3 people. The atmosphere is collegial and focused on good communication with the business and the development team. They consult with each other and our business partners about the business processes to be automated and the connection with the financial processes and contribute to finding the best solutions.
A position where you have got nice colleagues where you have the same goal to improve the organisation and make an impact. Our client offers the IT Business Analyst the following package:
- Market conform package, including holiday allowance & 13th month
- Bonus up to 10%
- Good pension
- 40 or 36 hour working week with the flexibility to work from home
- Position where you will be based in Rotterdam
- Laptop and phone
- Fixed year contract with intention to indefinite
In case you have got questions about the role and or salary package, feel free to send me a message via LinkedIn or contact me at: 06 22 41 27 37 - Ricardo Nasser / Associate at Michael Page
* Bachelors or Master's degree (financial or IT / Information Management is a plus)
* 3+ year's experience in a similar position such as a: business analyst, information analyst or application manager
* Knowledge of software development methods
* Knowledge of requirements engineering and gap analysis
* Experience with Agile is a plus
* Knowledge of the insurance and finance sector is an advantage
* Experience working with financial processes: order to cash and purchase to pay processes
* Strong in liaising between the business and IT
* Structured and organised skill set
* You like to make an impact, analyses process and come up with new ideas
* You are comfortable in making decisions yourself and take ownership
* Experienced in managing projects
* Fluent in English
* Fluent understanding of the Dutch language is preferred but not a must
About our client
What is of value is different for each one of us: a nice home, the opportunity to be able to go and stay where we want, our own health and that of our family and/or relatives and including possessions both small and large that have a special meaning for us and are therefore priceless. Our client is the service provider behind many insurers, property managers, corporates and governments. Where value can be protected and restored.
They protect and preserves what people love. With 1500 employees in 14 European countries, we are working together to deliver on this promise to our customers - every day - again and again. We work with the idea that what is of value to someone should remain of value - just as we would like it ourselves. We are a leader in the market - and we want to maintain that position.
Innovative value specialist
If valuable things are threatened or compromised, we want to be helped quickly and in a customer-focused way. At our client, we believe that modern technology can push customer experiences to unprecedented heights. Our formula is simple: we work digitally wherever possible and face to face where necessary. Their strength lies in its integrated service provision, from prevention through to reporting and restoration - all designed with innovative technology, making them the most innovative value specialist.
Faster, better, more efficient
Our client is leading the way in developing tools that make our services and those of our customers faster, better and more efficient. Think of Connect, the most advanced and most widely used digital damage platform in the Netherlands. It is our ambition to use artificial intelligence, internet of things, domotics and robotics to prevent damage as much as possible and thus preserve and increase the value of ownership, mobility and vitality.
We achieve this for companies in the insurance sector, real estate companies, housing corporations, leasing companies, health care providers, large corporations and governments - from one strong brand, but also as a white label: energy-efficient, innovative, decisive and expert. In this way, we create or add value for our customers.
As a an IT Business Analyst you will be part of the analytics team which is responsible for the middle ware as Back office. In your role you will align with the business, gather their requirements and translate them into IT solutions. You understand the customer needs, know how to liaise with the business, write user stories and create functional designs.