Senior Release / DevOps Engineer
Come help us make the world a smarter, innovative & more sustainable place!
As an experienced Release/DevOps Engineer, you have a pivotal role within Heliox. E-mobility is an exciting, fast growing new market; our chargers keep electric buses and trucks moving. Taking on this role will mean for you that you can make an immediate contribution to a more sustainable future, with cleaner air in urban life and lower global emissions as a result.
N.B.: Recruitment agencies: we prefer to find our newest Helioxers ourselves. Please do not call us - we know where to reach you in case we need help.
What will you do:
As a Senior Release/DevOps Engineer you own the DevOps pipeline and you manage releases across the company for multiple applications, across various products. The releases can include application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, etc. Where necessary you will provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for managing, implementing and maintaining release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release/DevOps Engineer function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
Together with the development staff, you will strive for improving our software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
A selection of your tasks:
- Plan release windows and cycles, Conduct Release Readiness reviews, do Weekly Release Reporting.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyse their application to current configuration management needs etc.
Good at self learning - you are always gathering knowledge about new technologies. You have demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion. You excel in planning and organizing and you combine your analytical skills with effective leadership. You strive for excellence in all you say and do!
Required qualifications and experience:
Additional, preferred experience/competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development.
- You are familiar with at least one or more of the following programming languages C/C++, Python, C#, CMake, Shell scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Jenkins, Sonarqube, Docker, Artifactory, Bitbucket and related.
- Knowledge of the software development systems like SCRUM and Agile.
- Experience with (embedded) Linux.
- Experience with public cloud like Microsoft Azure or related.
- Fluent in English. Other European languages or Mandarin nice to have!
We offer you:
- Formal training in project management practices.
- Knowledge of CODESYS (2.3/3.5).
A challenging, pivotal role within a dynamic, international scale-up organization and a:
Do you also feel the energy while reading this job content?
- salary between € 3.900,- and € 4.200,- gross per month (fulltime), depending on your experience and competences;
- profit sharing scheme and personal bonus (both dependent on your results/impact), pension scheme, flexible working hours, 31 holidays, travel cost allowance, training, etc.;
- a laptop and a mobile phone;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- energy with our fresh coffee (ground beans) and a selection of fresh fruit.
Apply via the application button
Any questions? Call our Corporate Recruiter Anne-Pauline Wessels, 088-5016383 or send a WhatsApp. App our recruitment department.
N.B.: In our international organization, the health of our colleagues and our candidates is our top priority. In view of the current Corona situation, we will therefore organize online interviews (telephone and/or video). At the end of the application procedure, we will organize a last personal meeting. This means that our selection processes can continue and we look forward to your application with enthusiasm!
More about Heliox:
Heliox is a company that is growing rapidly! 3 years ago, we were with 30 people, now we are with over 100 Helioxers and in 2020 we expect to grow even more! Our (fast) charge systems have been installed in more than 20 countries all over the world. Over the last couple of years, we have won the prestigious FD Gazelle Award 4 times for fastest growing company in the Netherlands. Also, in February we won the VDV award for best electrical charging infrastructure and we are very proud of that.
We achieve short process times through our short communication lines and processes. This enables us to deliver custom made products in a short time window. We barely know any hierarchy; everyone is equal. The continuous growth makes our jobs dynamic, but we always look out for each other; we trust one another, and we can always count on each other.
Agency calls are not appreciated.