What’s the first thing you think about when you hear Randstad Groep? It probably isn’t the exciting tech department that keeps the country moving in many ways, yet that’s exactly what we do here at RGN IT. The solutions we build, develop and code connect thousands of workers to employers and help to make sure the right people are at the right place at the right time. Making sure your luggage gets on the plane and your takeaway into your kitchen.
As our Solution Architect, you make an important contribution to this. With Tech & Touch as an important belief within the Group, we work more and more data-driven. Randstad, Tempo-Team and Yacht have an enormous amount of data at their disposal, about candidates, clients, our own organisation and potential contacts. Your team, the Operational Insights team, is responsible for the Management Information System of the Randstad Group Netherlands (Randstad, Tempo-Team and Yacht).
What you will do
The team consists of a product owner, scrum master, analysts, data engineers and MicroStrategy specialists. Our common goal is to make data work for RGN, our clients and candidates.
Our data engineers integrate and transform the data from the various systems to load it into our data warehouse. Our focus is on accuracy, completeness, and timeliness, while keeping performance in mind.
When the data is in our data warehouse, our MicroStrategy specialists create the semantic/scheme layer, attributes, and metrics. The result is a self-service environment for creating reports and dashboards. In addition, we develop standard reports and dashboards that are used throughout the organization.
As Solution Architect you take on a lead role within your scrum team and are responsible for ensuring the continued development of our data infrastructure, the data warehouse and for being the technical conscience of the team.
Your days will mainly be filled with:
- Finding new ways to optimise and expand our data warehouse on our AWS inrastructure
- Being the link between your team and the cloud and infrastructure team as well as our (global) architecture team.
- You find something that is continued, tedious work for you or the team? You find a way to automate it and make us more efficient
- You drive us to innovate by being on the ball about new possibilities within our cloud platform and what they mean for possible new use cases.
- Your innovation also focuses on things like efficiency and cost optimalisation
- Your solutions are the link between our raw data, our datalake and our self-service BI environment.
- You support our Product Owner in translating the business wishes, balancing what is possible with what is needed. You see through the entire process from source to information product and ensure that the right data is available for a wide range of reporting requirements.
- You strive to deliver high quality sustainable solutions and prioritise this over speed - but you do set realistic timeframes
- You are constantly on the lookout for simplification and innovation and take opportunities to broaden your knowledge.
- Documenting and testing are your ways of taking others into your logic and improving yourself.
- You are an expert in the field of AWS, which you preferably have used within a data setting
- You have demonstrated experience setting up a cloud based data infrastructure, or data warehouse
- You’re a communicator and know how to get people behind your ideas and vision.
- Strong technical experience in our stack: AWS (preferably Cloud Formation, S3, Redshift, EC2, Lambda), Linux (bash scripting), Python, CI/CD (DevOps,Git, Jenkins, Yaml), SQL, Strong knowledge of data architecture and modelling
- Knowledge of the following is advantageous: Elasticsearch and Kibana, DWH architecture, dimensional modelling, Matillion, Data structures & formats (JSON, CSV, Parquet), other cloud platforms (Azure, GCP)
- Fluent English and ideally at least a wish to learn Dutch
- You can break your knowledge down so every member of the team can grow
- Experience with an Agile way of working would be beneficial
What we offer
- Space to be creative, to innovate and to take responsibility with plenty of support
- Plenty of training opportunities and development opportunities within Randstad Group Netherlands, both in your field and in soft skills.
- Wide range of technical self-development possibilities via the O'Reilly platform
- 25 holidays (with the possibility to buy 26 more)
- 8.5 % holiday allowance
- A company lease car or good mobility budget
- An ample monthly benefit budget that you can spend on what’s important to you: more free time, gym memberships or a bike, or you can decide to get it paid out as a bonus
- Possibility to go on sabbatical, or to participate in international volunteer projects.
- Informal working environment
- An agile, multidisciplinary team.
- Are you still excited? Wonderful! We would like to get to know you. Click the apply button to submit your details. If you have any further questions, please contact Franziska Mattler directly (0683088632 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
Read more about working at Randstad Groep Nederland IT and the terms of employment. The Senior BI Specialist is a fulltime role (40h/week), the work location is our head office in Diemen.
19 augustus 2020
Automatisering / Internet
Solution Architect (Tech Lead)
Uitzend / Detachering / W&S
40 uur per week