Tweakers maakt gebruik van cookies, onder andere om de website te analyseren, het gebruiksgemak te vergroten en advertenties te tonen. Door gebruik te maken van deze website, of door op 'Ga verder' te klikken, geef je toestemming voor het gebruik van cookies. Wil je meer informatie over cookies en hoe ze worden gebruikt, bekijk dan ons cookiebeleid.
ASML · Standplaats: Veldhoven · 16 januari 2020
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. Find out what we do and why we do it.
Find out how we provide our customers with the hardware, software and services they need to mass produce patterns on silicon.
There's value in being ahead of the curve. Learn how we make technological advances and generate opportunities.
We release annual and quarterly financial results to ensure investors, both current and potential, are kept informed.
1 day ago - req14487
Java Algorithm Developer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Mathematics, Physics
When people think 'software', they often think of companies like Google or Microsoft. Even though ASML is classified as a hardware company, we in fact have one of the world's largest and most pioneering Java communities. The ASML Javaenvironment is extremely attractive for prospective Java engineers because it combines big data with extreme complexity. From Hadoop retrieval to machine learning to full stack development, the possibilities are endless. At ASML, our Java teams create and implement software designs that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, helping our customers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC make computer chips faster, smaller, and more efficient. Here, we're always pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
We are always looking for talented Java developers who know how to apply the latest Java SE or Java EE technologies, to join the teams responsible for creating software for high volume manufacturing automation in semiconductor fabs. Could this be your next job?
- Review an algorithm description from a software point of view. Identify risks or problems that might occur when transferring a mathematical description into software
- Create a solid software design for an algorithm or parts of it
- Write quality java code that is easy to test and maintain. Take into account the speed and memory consumption restrictions
- Define, automate, and execute tests on unit, component, and integration level
- Write clear documentation for design and qualification
in computer science, mathematics, or relevant.
- Java SE programming skills on expert level
- Experience with OO design principle, UML diagrams, design patterns
- Experience with testing a big system, understand the concept of unit, component, and system level testing
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures in computer science
- Good knowledge of linear algebra, preferability also on optimization techniques and control modeling
- Have affinity with scientific/mathematical programming
- Understanding of the to-be-implemented mathematical algorithm and make solid java design to realize the algorithm
- Extensive knowledge of profiling and debugging
- Analytical and abstract thinking
- Preferably to have Matlab or other scripting experience of algorithms
- Preferably have experience in Continuous Integration, but also Maven, Git, and Atlassian stack
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.