Head of Admin Suite Unit
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate – Information Technology Department at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Admin Suite Unit. This is a full-time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid March 2020.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Admin Suite Unit provides and maintains a broad set of solutions, from small to medium-sized bespoke internal developments to medium-sized commercial off-the-shelf applications (COTS). The team focuses on two major directions: sourcing and implementing solutions, and providing the maintenance and support via externalized services.
As the Head of Unit, you will manage a team of IT application officers and consultants; drive the rationalisation and simplification of transversal solutions managed by the Unit, contributing thus to the achievement of EIB’s objectives.
In collaboration with the business counterparts and other Units within IT, you will steer the whole Application Lifecycle (plan, source, implement, operate and transform), including the project roadmap, the requirement analysis, design, implementation and maintenance.
Given the wide area of responsibility, the post requires extensive knowledge and experience in solution sourcing and implementation and in managing externalized services.
You will report directly to the Head of Corporate Applications Division.
- Contribute to the definition of the Division’s strategy, in close cooperation with business areas or counterparts.
- Responsible for implementing IT solutions with a focus on administrative activities (e.g. translation, audit, case management) ensuring that the solutions are in line with business requirements while remaining cost effective.
- Establish and manage the resources and means necessary to achieve the formulated objectives and implement work plans for projects in assigned functional area(s).
- Take on responsibility for projects in the Admin Suite domain.
- Proactively manage the overall evolution, maintenance and support activities for IT applications and technologies in own domain to ensure the reliability of existing applications and best quality services to customers in terms of availability and performance.
- Ensure that staff within the Unit has the right competencies, objectives and motivation in order to realise the overall IT strategy, policies and objectives.
- University degree, preferably in computer science or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in an IT function, sourcing and implementing diverse solutions and/or managing externalization projects (e.g. near-shoring, managed services)
- Proven experience managing service contracts, including procuring software and services, ideally in a public service environment
- Broad technological expertise in IT, including software life-cycle with experience in sourcing and implementing solutions
- Proven expertise in program/project management and good knowledge of its principles, methods and practices
- Proven experience in Business Analysis; able to work with the counterparts, understand and translate their requirements
- Up-to-date knowledge of market trends and developments in the IT sector
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs.
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; comes up with useful new strategic insights.
- Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 9th February 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Interested in this position?
We are happy to get in touch with you! You can send your application by using the "Apply" button.
European Investment Bank
15 januari 2020
Directie / Management algemeen
Automatisering / Internet
Head of Admin Suite Unit
Banken / Financiële dienstverlening
40 uur per week