Dynamic and challenging role in Rotterdam where you will be working for a global maritime service provider. You will be involved within various international projects and dealing with various stakeholders while working within an innovative IT department.
You will work closely woth 3 business consultant and be part of the IT organization.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Advice the business with specialized understanding of towing business processes and how they are formed in the data model of the applications
- In dept knowledge on how the business applications support the business processes and retrieves data from the applications in order to make analyses
- Catch and prevent the use of shadow IT in the area's by building relations of trust and understanding to find the root of shadow IT
- Constantly supports and educates the business to harmonize the master data and improves the level of data entry in the business applications
- Advising management teams in taking decisions that are aligned with the corporate management's vision
- Continuously improve the level of data entry in the business applications
Functional Application Management
- Functional application management not limited to user management. Affinity with Dynamics NAV, ORTEC or AFAS is recommended
- Pro-Active 1st line of support for all office employees and 2nd line of support of the fleet employees
- Develop and support the network of fleet key-users in the various countries
- Maintain, collect and review the work instructions for the use of the systems
- Find and correct the causes of bugs or incorrect us of the systems
- Collaboration and intermediary for the business with the IT/ Infra for technical related issues
- Maintain good relationship with the supplier of the applications and their helpdesks
Reporting Management (Non-Financial)
- Maintain and support the reporting structure of non-financial reporting
- Responsible for delivering insights on the key performance indicators
- Combine data from different operational IT applications and provide strategic and operational business insights
- Deliver business reports which are complete and accurate
- Implement and maintain BI systems based on business needs
- Assisting with data insights and calculation in relevant business cases
- Implementation of business applications throughout Europe
- Architecting and preserving the standards of setup
- guard the integrity and constancy of the whole applications landscape
- Introducing change of process without authority
- Support decentral project groups
- Permanent contract withintention to indefinite
- Market conform salary in combination with a good package
- Position within a nice office in Rotterdam
- Working for a succesfull and global organization within the logistics distribution and supply chain industry
* Minimal BSc degree, preferably in Information Technology / Business Administration Experience
* Experience in analysing and optimizing business processes
* 3-5 years of relevant work experience
* Affinity with applications Dynamics NAV, Ortec , AFAS.
* Master in the use of Excel; Power BI (DAX)
* Good in analysing business cases
* Strong communicator as a bridge between business and IT
* Fluent in English, verbally and written
* Dutch working permit is a must
IOur client has a worldwide presence and operates a fleet of more than 300 tugboats in 90 ports in 15 countries of Europe, the west coast of Africa, America and the Indian Ocean.
In the head office of our client (responsible for towing operations in the countries NL,BE, DE, UK) they have a team of three Business Consultants. This team is responsible for all business applications and reports based on these applications. The business consultant is responsible to align the applications to the processes and looks after the interests of the organization. The role of the business consultant can typically be defined as a key player of "People, Processes and Systems" within the organization.
Due to the advising, maintaining and reporting tasks the role as a business consultant is various and never boring. Besides it is considered as an added value to the company. The importance that business applications work properly is in the hands of the business consultant, decisions are made based on the content of the applications. Our business consultants have developed a passion to support and serve our employees in the business. You are eager and interested to know all aspects of our applications, processes and reports.
This team of specialist are not related to IT Infra. IT /Facilities is a separate department that takes care of the IT platform, workplace and commodity applications like Office 365.
The Senior Consultants of the team is reporting for the team of "Business Applications and Reporting" directly towards the board.
First you are part of a team of business consultants. Together you have below tasks and shared responsibilities. You will act as a team. The team should replace, support and assist each other.
13 januari 2020
Automatisering / Internet
Business Applications Consultant - Global maritime service provider
Position within a complex and innovative organization and IT department
Transport / Opslag / Distributie
32 - 40 uur per week