Tweakers maakt gebruik van cookies, onder andere om de website te analyseren, het gebruiksgemak te vergroten en advertenties te tonen. Door gebruik te maken van deze website, of door op 'Ga verder' te klikken, geef je toestemming voor het gebruik van cookies. Wil je meer informatie over cookies en hoe ze worden gebruikt, bekijk dan ons cookiebeleid.
Deloitte · Standplaats: Amsterdam · 7 januari 2020
Cloud DevOps Analyst Unix / Open Source
What impact will you make?
The DevOps Group is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. We support business-lead software development while applying strategic and approved practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
We are developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud, and are building a team of top-notch DevOps Engineers to create our next generation platforms.
This is how
You will be working within a portfolio of applications that utilize all levels of technology, from backend data to front-end technologies, delivered through cloud technologies such as Azure!
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophies to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be used by development and product teams.
DevOps manages the application lifecycle management (ALM) tools that underpin all DevOps services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. In your role as the Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
What you offer
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with minimum 5 years enterprise related experience as a DevOps or systems administrator/analyst in a 24X7 uptime environment (Open Source/Unix). Demonstrated ability to quickly achieve a working acumen of new technologies.
• Intermediate-level working knowledge of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Intermediate-level working knowledge of high-availability, high-performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
• Experience troubleshooting complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
• Experience with Git version control systems.
• Experience in development with scripting languages.
• Exposure to cloud vendors such as Azure and their components.
• Exposure working with IaaS and PaaS services.
• Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity.
• Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills.
• Project and system planning experience.
• Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer requirements.
• Experience working in an agile development team with emerging technologies and changing business needs.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers.
• Enjoy working in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole.
• Possess strong communication and presentation skills in both speaking and writing
• Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
• Self-reliant, self-motivated, with a "can do" attitude.
• Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
• Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
• Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies.
• Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Nice to have:
Demonstrated competencies in; system administration (Open Source Preferred), DevOps or systems knowledge, security protocols for client/server environment. Experience working with cloud based IaaS and PaaS solutions on a Windows platform.
• Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services.
• Experience supporting the following Datastores/Databases: MS-SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra.
• Knowledge and experience with Hadoop.
Lets make impact.
Please contact us today for an introduction. Click on the button below and fill in your personal information.
If this position does not fit you, and you know someone who fits perfectly to the outlined profile, please forward the vacancy.
Vraag het aan Toine.
Toine van Kastel, Experienced Recruiter Technology Consulting
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a more detailed description of DTTL and its member firms.