Versie 5.5.5 van FrostWire is uitgekomen. FrostWire is een in Java geschreven bestandsuitwisselingsprogramma voor Windows, OS X, Linux en Android. Sinds versie 5 kan er niet meer via het Gnutella-netwerk worden gedownload, maar alleen nog via BitTorrent. Het programma kwam tot stand toen Limewire, waarnaar dit programma is gemodelleerd, in 2005 overwoog om code toe te voegen waarmee auteursrechtelijk materiaal kon worden geweerd. De Windows-installatie wordt geleverd met een Ask-toolbar; let dus bij het installeren even op wat er allemaal is aangevinkt. Sinds versie 5.5.0 zijn de volgende veranderingen aangebracht:
Changes in Frostwire version 5.5.5:
Changes in Frostwire version 5.5.4:
- Bug fix: Null pointer exceptions in Media Player.
- Bug fix: Multiple User Interface thread violations fixed.
- Bug fix: Setup Wizard painting issues in Linux resolved.
Changes in Frostwire version 5.5.3:
- New Feature: extract audio (.m4a) from (.mp4) videos on right click.
- New Core Feature: HTTP resumeable large transfer support.
- Upgrade: Default save folder for cloud downloads is updated without restarting.
- Upgrade: 'Repeat song' playback mode now available.
- Upgrade: Enriched promotion display, now with audio and video previews and shortcuts to content creator's social media channels/streams.
- Upgrade: binary compatibility improved for Windows releases.
- Bug fix: if default save folder is changed it's now part of library scanned folders.
- Bug fix: smart search engine wasn't notifying when it was done if there were no results.
- Bug fix: several crashes and errors fixed.
- Bug fix: partial download dialog for cloud downloads would sometimes appear empty.
- Bug fix: out of memory error by UPnP-cling creating an infinite number of threads.
Changes in Frostwire version 5.5.2:
- A new hotfix 5.5.3 release is out to address slowdown/freezes reported by many XP users.
- If you are a windows user experiencing a major slowdown with FrostWire 5.5.2 please upgrade to 5.5.3
Changes in Frostwire version 5.5.1:
- Upgrade: Now 'Movies' or 'My Videos' folder is included by default on new installs since we now have a built-in video player.
- Upgrade: The Smart Search engine can now be disabled. No torrents will be indexed and no search against the local database will be performed if disabled.
- UI fix: Video Player Window Title now shows the file name being played.
- UI fix: Library > "Finished Downloads" renamed to "Default Save Folder"
- UI fix: When browsing another device on the Wi-Fi network newest shared files are shown at the top of the table.
- Bug fix: On first installation FrostWire wasn't able to add 'From Devices' folder to the Library.
- Bug fix: When restoring default settings FrostWire was not restoring default library folders.
- Bug fix: Player remembers volume level from last song played.
- Bug fix: Sends correct file sizes on HTTP headers for shared files that have changed in size after being shared.
- Bug fix: Repeat media play setting with only one item.
- Bug fix: New mime detector based on a bigger table.
- Bug fix: Video player doesn't skip frames when resuming from pause.
- Bug fix: Video player doesn't move frames when paused and volume slider is being moved.
- Bug fix: Dropping a .torrent starts a download and doesn't ask to send to a friend.
- Bug fix: (Windows) can delete files that are being played or seeded from the Library.
- Bug fix: (Mac) compatibility with Mac OSX 10.5.x restored.
- Bug fix: (Windows) media player can open files with long paths.
- Bug fix: prevents NPE when opening a .torrent and trying to show icons when the file system chooser wasn't available.
- New Clear Inactive button on transfers.
- New setting to use the default system media player instead of FrostWire's.
- New Download Cloud URLs, Torrents and Magnets by entering urls on the search field.
- New toggle full screen video playback with double click.
- Enhancement: Library file tables now show file modified date field and files are sorted by it in descending order so user can easily find newest files added to the library.
- Enhancement: Playlist tables now show the track number column and are by default sorted by it in ascending order to enjoy albums in the order they were meant to be heard by the content creators.
- Enhancement: mime type guessing is faster when sharing files on Wi-Fi
- Bug fix: Library was getting confused with file extensions as part of file names.
- Bug fix: sharing/unsharing popup menu behavior while sharing on Wi-Fi
- Bug fix: resizing issues on preview download dialogs.
- Bug fix: filtering on torrent detail dialog was broken.
- Bug fix: Library continuous playback working from play button.
- Bug fix: Cloud download error fixed.
- Bug fix: Media lib unicode issue.
|09:05||Combined Community Codec Pack 02.03.2013|