JGsoft heeft versie 7.1.2 van zijn gratis teksteditor EditPad Lite uitgebracht. Dit programma is niet bedoeld voor programmeurs, die kunnen beter EditPad Pro of Notepad++ gebruiken, maar is meer een vervanger van het met Windows meegeleverde Kladblok. Anders dan Kladblok kan EditPad Lite een onbeperkt aantal bestanden in hetzelfde scherm open hebben, heeft het geen limiet op de grootte van te openen bestanden en is het aantal undo's en redo's onbeperkt. EditPad Lite 7 is nog steeds gratis, maar bedrijven kunnen nu ook een licentie aanschaffen, als er geen behoefte is aan alle extra's die de Pro-versie biedt. In deze release zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
- 64-bit: Indicate x86, x64, or WOW64 in the About box to indicate whether you're running the 32-bit version on 32-bit Windows, the 64-bit version on 64-bit Windows, or the 32-bit version on 64-bit Windows.
- Extra|Delete Duplicate Lines now uses all CPU cores while comparing lines.
- Search|Toggle Search Panel has been renamed as Multi-Line Search Panel to make it clearer what this menu item does.
- Toolbars: If you have never customized the toolbars and haven't used an earlier version of EditPad 7.x.x then EditPad no longer saves the toolbar configuration, resulting in a noticeably faster shutdown of EditPad on slower computers. If you did customize the toolbars or use an earlier version, then you can use View|Restore Default Layout to tell EditPad to stop saving the toolbar configuration.
- 64-bit: Handling of "multimedia" keyboard keys and user-configured mouse buttons was broken in the 64-bit version of EditPad.
- Clip Collection: Automatic save should not trigger errors when modifying clip collections stored in the Program Files folder.
- Context menu customizations did not stick in versions 7.1.x.
- Extra|Delete Duplicate Lines incorrectly treated lines with rare combinations of different text as duplicates.
- Installer: License key was not installed when installing EditPad 7.0.9, 7.1.0, or 7.1.1 silently.
- Mouse pointer did not snap to the default button when this option is turned on in the Control Panel.
- Preferences, Keyboard: Alt+letter combinations used as accelerators on the Preferences form could not be assigned as shortcuts to menu items. The same problem also existed in the Tools configuration and Macro properties.
- Preferences|Cursors: "Backspace unindents" does not correctly unindent when the preceding line it has to unindent to has only one non-whitespace character at the very end of the line.
- Preferences|Keyboard: Button to restore default keyboard shortcuts did not restore those of the side panels other than the Search panel.
- Preferences|Keyboard: Clip Collection commands were not listed.
- Preferences|Keyboard: Side panel shortcuts were not shown in the list of conflicting shortcuts.
- Preferences|Tabs: The option to show the close button only on the active tab allowed non-active tabs to be closed when clicking on the space reserved for the close button.
- Search: Blank files are no longer skipped when searching for a regular expression, so that regular expressions such as A can find zero-length matches in blank files.
- Search: Line by Line mode found/highlighted lines in which a zero-length regex match could be found after the line break.
- Search: Regular expressions no longer fail to find zero-length matches at the start of the file when using a command to find the next match or all matches.
- Search|Cut Matches sometimes used the replacement text from a previous search-and-replace.
- Search|Replace All triggered an access violation if it found a match at the very end of the file and the replacement text was shorter than the search match.
- Search|Replace All with the "Line by Line" option no longer deletes the line break at the end of the line if the replacement text is not blank. This prevents the next line from being appended to the replaced line and prevents all lines after the first match from being deleted if the search term is part of the replacement text.
- Spell check panel did not scale properly on high DPI systems.
- Spell check: Double-clicking a misspelled word highlighted by live spelling while the spell check panel was still busy finding suggestions for a previously double-clicked word closed the spell checker instead of checking the new word.
- Spell check: Words that are the result of automatic replacements by the spell checker should not be marked as misspelled, even if the original dictionary does not contain them.
- UTF-8 auto-detection ignored an invalid UTF-8 sequence at the very end of the file.
- View|Browser started Firefox minimized if Firefox was not running and Firefox was the default browser and EditPad Pro was configured to use the default browser.
- View|Custom Layouts: If restoring a layout triggered any kind of error, the menu with the saved layouts became blank.
- View|Office 2003: Switching to or from the Office 2003 display style worked only once during each EditPad session (7.1.x only).
- View|Restore Default Layout now also restores the size and position of the main editor, in case it has become dislodged from its normally fixed location.
- View|Restore Default Layout squished toolbar icons together on PCs configured for 144 DPI (150%) or more.
- Windows 7: Options|Stay on Top causes the Options|Font window to appear behind EditPad, making it impossible to further interact with EditPad using the mouse; EditPad now works around this Windows 7 issue by temporarily disabling "stay on top" mode while showing the Font dialog.
|17:35||EditPad Pro 7.1.2|
|17:30||Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1|