Verleden week is versie 1.0 van het Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center uitgekomen en inmiddels zijn er alweer twee opvolgers verschenen. Deze Linux-distributie is gebaseerd op XBMC en moet een computer tot een volwaardige htpc omtoveren. OpenELEC is eenvoudig te installeren, onderhouden en gebruiken, en is verder klein en razendsnel. Naast de standaarddownload zijn er speciale versies voor AMD's Fusion, Nvidia's ION, Apple TV en de Xtreamer Ultra TV. Hieronder zijn de releasenotes te vinden.
OpenELEC 1.0 ReleasedAfter more than two years of constant development and a year of open beta testing, the team of the OpenELEC Project are pleased to announce OpenELEC Version 1.0
OpenELEC LogoOpenELEC is an embedded Linux distribution that aims to allow people to use their Home Theatre PC (HTPC) in the same manner as any other device attached to your TV - like a DVD player or Sky box. Turn on your box, and OpenELEC is ready and waiting in less than 10 seconds - as fast as some DVD players. A simple remote control is all you will need. On top of that, one need not worry about updating OpenELEC, as the software will self-update automatically when connected to the Internet and an update is available. Installing OpenELEC takes less than 5 minutes and requires zero Linux experience. After that, one need merely add one’s media files and preferred addons, and OpenELEC will “just work.”
OpenELEC is designed specifically to run XBMC - an award-winning multimedia hub platform designed to give you the best access to your media possible. Its add-on architecture allows the user to customize XBMC to his or her preferred look-and-feel in mere seconds and add functionality as required. Once installed, OpenELEC requires less than 130MB of space, but supports a diverse array of hardware platforms including low-power NetTops - an ideal partner given the small size and power requirements of current generation NetTops. “There is no easier way to get a more ‘appliance-like’ feel to XBMC than to use OpenELEC,” said Nathan Betzen, Community/Project Manager for Team XBMC.
Bugfix release: 1.0.1Fixes:
- dont start wpa_supplicant in debugmode, this fixes non working WLAN connections in version 1.0.0
- update to dvb-firmware-0.0.15
Bugfix release: 1.0.2Fixes:
- samba: change default server string and set netbios name according the hostname configured in OpenELEC OS settings addon.
- Note: this changes the default system smb.conf. If you use a own samba.conf in /storage/.config (Configfiles share) you must manually remove samba.conf.sample, reboot and rewrite samba.conf with your changes based on the new samba.conf.sample file.
- PyBluez: dont build and install bytecode
- update to linux-3.1 (final)
- this updates the Kernel to the final release and fixes some WOL (Wake on LAN) issues with prereleases of Kernel 3.1
- update to xf86-video-nvidia-290.03
- this updates the nvidia graphic driver and *should* fix a crashing video driver on various systems like the Zotac GeForce 9300
|19:54||AMD Catalyst 11.10|
|13:09||CDBurnerXP 4.3.9 build 2661|