Inmatrix is bezig met de ontwikkeling van versie 8.00 van Zoom Player en heeft daarvan nu de tweede release candidate uitgebracht. Zoom Player was voorheen verkrijgbaar in de smaken Home Professional, Home Premium en Home Max, maar vanaf versie 8.00 is dat veranderd in Home Free, Home Professional en Home Max. Het lijkt er dus op dat er na enige afwezigheid weer een gratis versie is. De onderlinge verschillen worden uitgebreid op deze pagina uit de doeken gedaan. Hieronder is te vinden welke veranderingen er zijn doorgevoerd sinds de eerste release candidate.
- The station interfaces will now give you access to more than 13,000 streaming radio stations.
- The LAV Splitter is now supported for AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, OGG, OGM and MPEG2 Transport Streams. Please take note that if the LAV Splitter is installed, it disables microsoft AVI splitter from working properly. Tis means that you must set Smart Play's "AVI" Source filter to LAV Splitter or use the MPC (Gabest) AVI Splitter as the "AVI" Splitter filter.
- You can now use the Ctrl+"A" macro to cycle through the available audio channels when using the LAV Splitter.
- New "VP8" profile added to the Smart Play options dialog. VP8 is used by the WebM format and can be decoded using FFDShow and the MPC Video Decoder (FFDShow may need configuration to enable VP8 support).
- New "TWOS Audio" profile added to the Smart Play options dialog. Requires LAV Audio Decoder.
- You can now associate the ".WebM" extension.
- New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video) which enables a fix when moving the player window from video area causing the window to jump to an unexpected position. Affects only Windows VISTA (or newer) when the video renedrer is set to 'Haali Video Renderer', 'MadVR', 'VMR7' or 'VMR9'.
- The Station List Media Center interface now has a "Go To top of list" function.
- Added a new H.264 sub-type for CoreAVC 2.5.1 compatibility.
- Selecting MadVR as the video renderer automatically enables the "Overlay covers entire video area" setting.
- The Re-Synch Audio Ahead/Back now works in 25ms increments rather than the 10ms used previously.
- The default volume control change value is now 5%, up from the previous 3%.
- The default Zoom In/Out value is now 10%, up from the previous 1%.
- The default 'Keyboard Video Window Move' value has changed to 5%, up from the previous 4 pixels.
- The "fnVidLeft", "fnVidRight", "fnVidUp", "fnVidDown" functions now use the 'Keyboard Video Window Move' value while in fullscreen. Previously, these functions only moved by 1 pixel.
- Updated Media Center navigation icons.
- Dragging the player window by clicking "Ctrl + Left mouse button" (or other configured setting) within the video area was broken in Windows Vista and Windows 7 when certain video renderer were used (VMR7/VMR9/ Haali/MadVR). Now there's a workaround in place that ensures the window is dragged to the correct location (with minor flickering at times).
- Several settings were not remembered correctly with Zoom Player Home FREE.
- The Install Center did not load on Windows XP due to a corrupt manifest file.
- The 'forcibly hide the windows taskbar in fullscreen mode' setting will now hide the Start Orb (button) in Windows VISTA and Windows 7.
- Deleting a media library catgeory, would erase other categories if their name was very similar (example "movies" and "movies2").
- The "Custom Mouse Wheel Down" function was not being saved.
- Opening a display pattern (Shift+"P"), no longer stops the playing video before closing it. This ensures the previous play position is saved correctly.
- Other bugs introduced between v7 final and v8 RC1