Na diverse alfareleases is nu de eerste bèta van NewsLeecher versie 6.0 is beschikbaar gekomen. Met dit programma is het mogelijk om op een eenvoudige manier bestanden uit nieuwsgroepen te downloaden. Het programma ondersteunt nzb-bestanden, beschikt over een SuperSearch en kan gedownloade bestanden automatisch op integriteit en volledigheid controleren, en vervolgens zelfstandig uitpakken. Nieuw in versie 6.0 is onder meer SuperLeech. Hiermee is het mogelijk om bepaalde zoekcriteria op gezette tijden herhalen, om zo bijvoorbeeld nieuwe afleveringen van televisieseries binnen te halen zodra deze beschikbaar komen. Verder zijn er diverse maatregelen genomen om spam tegen te gaan en is een password-manager toegevoegd, waarmee met een wachtwoord beveiligde archieven aan de hand van een lijst opgeslagen wachtwoorden kunnen worden uitgepakt.
NewsLeecher 6.0 Beta 1:
This initial beta release of NewsLeecher V6.0, implements a new NewsLeecher service called "SuperLeech". The SuperLeech service is an add-on to the SuperSearch search service, and allows one to setup search queries that will automatically find and leech wanted articles off the Usenet, as soon as possible, after they have been made available online.
Currently, SuperLeech implements 3 different service modes :
Say you are interested in a podcast series called "My favorite podcast series". To automatically download new episodes of the series, when they become available, simply setup a SuperLeech entry with the search query set to "My favorite podcast series" (wo. quotes) and the search method set to "Leech [ Episodes ]".
- "Leech [ All ] " Mode
This is the most basic mode. Using this mode, SuperLeech will leech *everything* matching the specified search query. This mode should only be used, if you search for very specific subjects, or you will end up having the SuperLeech service leeching way too many articles.
- "Leech [ Once ] " Mode
Using this mode, SuperLeech will leech the first matching article (or article collection), that gets posted to the Usenet, after the SuperLeech entry has been activated. When a match has occurred, the SuperLeech service will make sure that no further articles are matched.
- "Leech [ Episodes ] " Mode
This mode has been implemented for users, who are interested in series episodes. It can be used to automatically download new episodes for wanted series, almost as soon as they get posted to the Usenet.
SuperLeech will then detect and leech the new episodes, almost as soon as they get posted to the Usenet. Furthermore, SuperLeech will make sure that already leeched episodes are not leeched again, to avoid wasted bandwidth.
Note that the "Leech [ Episodes ]" mode, is using certain standard season and episode specific substrings in the article subjects (S##E##, ##x## and more) to detect episodes properly, so those substrings must be present for the mode to function. In most cases, though, that should not be a problem, as the majority of posted episode related articles will have that info included, as standard.
NewsLeecher Password Manager
Spam Detection Addition
- NewsLeecher now implements an archive extract password manager. The manager can be accessed from the "Repair & Extract" toolbar and enables one to specify passwords that the Repair & Extract feature should try to use against password protected archives.
- Implemented support for auto importing NZB passwords into the new "Repair & Extract" password manager, mentioned above. NewsLeecher will detect the passwords, by looking at the imported NZB filename, and auto extract / import passwords specified by the following format: "nzb filename here [[password]].nzb
- NewsLeecher can now be setup to detect "EXE in RAR" archives. Those EXE ( executable *.exe ) files are almost always viruses. Spam detection can be setup here: Settings -> Leech Tweaks -> Spam Detection
- NewsLeecher can now be setup to detect passworded RAR archives. Before marking such archives as spam, NewsLeecher will first try to match the RAR password against the passwords listed in the new "NewsLeecher Password Manager" ( see above ) Spam detection can be setup here: Settings -> Leech Tweaks -> Spam Detection
- Added an option to show detailed information on Spam Detection in the NewsLeecher log. The log option can be enabled from: Settings -> Leech Tweaks -> Spam Detection
- The spam detection routines in NewsLeecher have been improved a lot, to detect more spam.
- The NewsLeecher article spam detection feature is now integrated with the new SuperLeech service. This means that if a SuperLeech initiated article download is detected as spam, SuperLeech will know that, and ignore the downloaded article and instead start looking for alternative articles to leech. Spam detection can be setup here: Settings -> Leech Tweaks -> Spam Detection
- Added an option to pause the download queue, while "Repair & Extract" is busy with repairing or extracting files. The option can be accessed from : Settings -> Leech Tweaks -> General Leech Tweaks Settings -> Adv. Nerdy Tweaks -> Download Pause While Repair...
- Many smaller improvements. (Moved the "SuperSearch" append query string from the SuperSearch toolbar and into the SuperSearch settings dialog, etc.)
- Lots of smaller bug fixes.