De vijfde bètarelease van NewsBin Pro versie 6.50 is uitgekomen. Met dit programma kunnen bestanden - zoals foto's, films en programma's - van usenet worden gehaald. Nieuw in versie 6.50 is onder meer een Watch-functie, waarmee naar specifieke content uitgekeken kan worden bij het ophalen van de headers. Ook kan de download naar een andere locatie worden uitgepakt dan waar deze in eerste instantie wordt opgeslagen. De volledige release notes zien er als volgt uit:
Versie 6.50 new features and changes summary since 6.42
- New Watch feature. Configure Newsbin to pull out items of interest during header downloads.
- Ability to launch post unrar processing scripts.
- Provides the ability to download parts of a post to one drive and have them assembled to another. Useful if you want to minimize I/O bottlenecks by downloading to a fast internal drive then save the assembled files on larger external media like a NAS.
- Optimizations for downloading to SSD drives
- Uses new hashing code. Seems to solve the rare problem where Newsbin and quickpar don't agree on the hash value
- If you have two unique Regular Expressions with a space between them, it'll AND the results.
- Intermediate NB2 files are no longer used.
- New logic to verify all downloaded files even without pars so it won't download dup files ever.
- Startup checking is much faster, like if you exit with large sets in the download list.
- Compacts more posting styles
- The "Small File Filter" is now disabled by default (Show PAR/NFO)
- Unnecessary files in the data folder gets purged on startup now.
- Now supports SMTP authentication for email notifications.
Version 6.50 Beta 5 Build 2602
- When downloading, all the chunks go to a common folder in the data folder.
- When downloading headers, all the updates are sent to a common folder and not "per group".
- Only 2 downloading modes, fully buffered in memory or chunks in the common folder.
- The chunks folder is only used if the memory cache has to be flushed.
- Current in memory chunks get flushed out.
Version 6.50 Beta 4 Build 2594
- Fixed "Use Recycle Bin" setting so it is saved between runs
- Fixed "Copy Settings from Existing Server" when adding a new server in the Server Options. It was broken.
- Fixed the total download counter that appears in the Status Bar at the bottom left.
- Fixed the Date/Age toggle (ctrl-t), the state wasn't being remembered between runs.
- Fixed issue with the duplicate detection database conversion on startup.
- Fixed login type authentication for notifications.
- Fixed issue where a download would stall on incomplete files instead of assembling them and pressing on.
- Search: Added the $(SEARCH) path variable so you can use your search string as part of the download path
- Display: Fixed bug using custom menus introduced with the dynamic menu changes based on the tab having focus
- Display: Fixed issue where the Search in Groups setting seemed to get stuck
- Display: Fixed issue where toolbar was not selecting the proper default toolbar.
- Display: The option to toggle use of the Recycle Bin was hidden on the AutoPAR settings screen
- Display: Address issue loading all posts into a post list introduced in Beta 3.
- Display: The Show Posts function from a Watch List now uses the same shortcut as for a regular post list.
- Display: Addressed a report that header loading doesn't work sometimes.
- Autopar: When an unrar fails, AutoPAR now sends the set to repair no matter what the current block counts say
- Download: Fixed issue where retry on a partial file (with black blocks) would re-download chunks which was keeping the retry time from expiring.
- Download: Fixed issue where retries were being capped at one. Caused pre-mature feeding of files to the failed list.
- Notification: Now supports "AUTH LOGIN".
- Notification: Fixed issue where setting changes for Growl notifications were not getting saved.