Het ontwikkeltraject voor NewsBin Pro versie 6.50 is gestart en daarvan is nu de eerste bètarelease verschenen. Met dit programma kunnen bestanden - zoals foto's, films en programma's - van usenet worden gehaald. Nieuw in versie 6.50 is onder meer een Watch-functie, waarmee naar specifieke dingen uitgekeken kan worden bij het ophalen van de headers. De volledige release notes zien er als volgt uit:
Versie 6.50 new features and changes summary since 6.42
- New Watch feature. Configure Newsbin to pull out items of interest during header downloads.
- Ability to launch post unrar processing scripts.
- Provides the ability to download parts of a post to one drive and have them assembled to another. Useful if you want to minimize I/O bottlenecks by downloading to a fast internal drive then save the assembled files on larger external media like a NAS.
- Optimizations for downloading to SSD drives
- Uses new hashing code. Seems to solve the rare problem where Newsbin and quickpar don't agree on the hash value
- If you have two unique Regular Expressions with a space between them, it'll AND the results.
- Intermediate NB2 files are no longer used.
- New logic to verify all downloaded files even without pars so it won't download dup files ever.
- Startup checking is much faster, like if you exit with large sets in the download list.
- Compacts more posting styles
- The "Small File Filter" is now disabled by default (Show PAR/NFO)
- Unnecessary files in the data folder gets purged on startup now.
- Now supports SMTP authentication for email notifications.
Version 6.50 Beta 1 Build 2550, March 29, 2013
- When downloading, all the chunks go to a common folder in the data folder.
- When downloading headers, all the updates are sent to a common folder and not "per group".
- Only 2 downloading modes, fully buffered in memory or chunks in the common folder.
- The chunks folder is only used if the memory cache has to be flushed.
- Current in memory chunks get flushed out.
- Fixed sorting on Status column. It actually works now.
- Fixed crash issue that would occur if you try to load an NZB file before Newsbin completes initialization.
- Hooked up SMTP authentication for email notifications
- Added commas to the header download count.
- The default NZB Download path now includes NZB Filename
- Autopar: Now scans for blocks instead of depending on the MD5 hash.
- Autopar: Changed repair lib to be more precise to reduce false positive repairs.
- Display: Changed files list delete to just delete, not purge and delete. Faster now.
- Display: Reporting "Close Socket Error" because the socket was never used.
- Display: Split out advanced options on the Server Options screen, was getting too busy.
- Download: Added an Server Option to use the NNTP Body command instead of Article. The only way "premiumize.me" news server can work.
- Download: Added a hidden way to defer authentication till the server asks for it. Probably never be used. [SERVER NAME] DeferAuth=0/1;
- Download: Aggressive mode is now real aggressive and if selected will kick in within 5 seconds of the last chunk download.
- Scripting: Added ability to specify a custom post processing script saved in the Scripts folder under the Data Folder
- Scripting Notes: Creates an input.txt file with the filenames of all the files in the unrar before calling the script and an output.txt file containing a list of files found within the RAR beore calling the script. Details discussed in this forum post.