Er is een stabiele release van het Combined Community Codec Pack verschenen, ruim een jaar na de laatste release. Hoewel de naam anders doet vermoeden, is het Combined Community Codec Pack eigenlijk een directshow-filterpakket. Het is ooit ontstaan vanuit de anime-community en sindsdien uitgegroeid tot een verzameling die elk denkbaar audio- of videoformaat moet kunnen afspelen. Naast de nodige filters wordt ook de mediaspeler Media Player Classic Home Cinema meegeleverd en alle componenten zijn naar keuze te installeren. Hieronder is het changelog van deze release te vinden.
Installer and settings applications
- LAV Filters 0.55.3.0-4021e9d
- MPC-HC 126.96.36.19978 (shows up as 6988)
- xy-VSFilter 3.0.0."215" (211 with this patch, this patch, this patch and this patch)
- Added DiAVC to the "merit sanification" list in the installer. This makes sure that the CCCP's default decoder comes up as used in case this filter was installed before hand. Similar merit sanification was already done to DivX's H.264 decoder as well as CoreAVC.
- Added MPC Video Decoder filter to the bad filters list of the installer. Many applications abuse old versions of this filter, and it does not really contain any features or capabilities that aren't already available in the preferred decoder in this pack.
- Switched back to a "normal" build of MPC-HC instead of a "lite" one as that actually ends up being both smaller as well as more useful in the end. Splitters built into the binary are still limited, but this should help people having certain kinds of trouble.
- Currently built in splitter filters are as follows: AVI, DSM, DTSAC3, FLAC, MPEGAUDIO (raw MP3/AAC), SHOUTCAST, UDP and RFS.
- VSync in the custom MPC-HC video renderers now defaults to off. This should enable better performance with and generally enhance the viewing experience with filters and files that would not give well usable frame duration values to upstream.
- Dragging and dropping files onto the MPC-HC playlist should now bring up the playlist and work somewhat more intuitively.
- The MPC-HC internal subtitle filter (ISR) will from now on block rendering surfaces bigger than 4000 pixels in width or height. This will stop most badly written ASS subtitle scripts from causing the subtitle renderer to crash because of lack of memory address space.
- Updated LAV Filters to a development version that has a The Evil Plan-enabled ffmpeg. In other words, keeping buffers and having them work nicely in a multithreaded environment just became nicely simpler. This is a relatively big change, but it has gotten quite some testing by various people by now, so we decided to include it in this release. Speed-wise improvement in f.ex. yadif deinterlacing can be seen (~10%), and normal decoding probably is a percent or two faster, depending on the format.
- Certain kinds of mpeg-ts files no longer cause LAV Splitter to try and load the whole file into memory in order to probe a stream.
- Backported MPC-HC commit 2a75078 that fixed invalid memory references during re-reading of a subtitle file when switching file reading modes.
- Implemented a check similar to MPC-HC's commits 2c597d9 and a0d3a13 to block rendering surfaces bigger than 4000 pixels in width or height. This will stop most badly written ASS subtitle scripts from causing the subtitle renderer to crash because of lack of memory address space.