Terwijl er ook nog steeds aan MediaPortal 2.0 wordt gesleuteld, is de release candidate van versie 1.3.0 verschenen. Met dit programma kan een Windows-machine als hart van de multimediahardware in de huiskamer worden gebruikt. Zo kan op een eenvoudige manier naar radio en muziek worden geluisterd, en naar video's en dvd's worden gekeken. Ook kunnen tv-programma's worden opgenomen. Door middel van plug-ins en extensies kan de functionaliteit worden uitgebreid en kan de look & feel van het programma worden aangepast. De release notes voor deze uitgave kunnen hieronder worden gevonden.
MediaPortal 1.3.0 RC Released
We are happy to announce that the Release Candidate of our new major release MediaPortal 1.3.0 is now available for download!
A lot has changed since the release of MediaPortal 1.2.3. Too much to fit everything into one news. So we will focus on what has changed since the 1.3.0 Beta release. If you want to find out what was added in the 1.3.0 Alpha and 1.3.0 Beta version, then please have a look at their release news, or view all the changes in our wiki: What's New > 1.3.x
This Release Candidate is the last stop before the final version of 1.3.0. The focus since the release of 1.3.0 beta was on bug fixes and polishing. We want to thank everyone in the community for their help with finding the bugs!
Please be aware that even though this version is very close to the final product, it can still contain issues. This means that we advise against using it on production systems. Make sure that you read the instructions at the end of this news regarding installation, upgrade and extension compatibility.
Highlights of this release:
Full list of changes
- Titan: many fixes and adjustments
- Titan Extended: added support for more community plugins as well as bugfixes and tweaks
- MediaPortal Audio Renderer: fixed a issue with AC3 encoding that could cause a memory leak
- Themes: fixed a bug that could crash MediaPortal when changing themes several times
- Videos inside Pictures section: a lot of problems have been fixed that where present when users tried to play their holiday videos along with viewing their holiday pictures
- Thumbnailer: fixed a bug which caused the creation of a thumb to fail for files which have a semicolon in their name
- Volume Control: A bug was fixed which caused that you could not increase the volume on a fresh install on Windows 7
- TV-Server Database connection: fixed an issue in the upgrade procedure which could change the hostname in gentle.config to "localhost"
You can review the complete change log for 1.3.0 Beta by using the following links:
Community Skinners and Developers should have a look at the following pages to find out about the changes which will effect their extensions.
Some of these changes are mandatory to become 1.3.0 compatible: