Intel heeft nieuwe videodrivers uitgebracht voor de geïntegreerde grafische processor van de tweede en derde generatie Core-processors, de zogenaamde Sandy Bridge- en Ivy Bridge-serie. De software heeft versienummer 220.127.116.1167 meegekregen en is beschikbaar voor Windows 7 en 8, in zowel 32bit- als 64bit-uitvoeringen. Naast de nodige bugfixes voegen de drivers onder andere ondersteuning toe voor OpenGL 4.0 voor Ivy Bridge-processors.
- 3rd Gen Intel Core. processors with IntelR HD Graphics 4000/2500 now supports:
- OpenGL 4.0 on both Windows 7 and Windows 8
- High quality video playback of content up to 4096x2048 resolutions via hardware accelerated decoding. Several video editing and playback applications (VLC Media Player*, CyberLink PowerDVD12*, Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater 5*, Media Player Classic* with CoreAVC* H.264 decoder and MediaCoder*) already provide support for this feature, with the list of applications expected to grow in the upcoming months.
- EIZO DuraVision* FDH3601 4Kx2K resolution displays and other similar Ultra HD monitors on Intel Core. i5 and i7 based systems with two DisplayPort outputs.
- Control Panel now accessible through New Windows 8 UI.
- Support for 3rd Generation IntelR Core. Y-processor and IntelR PentiumR Y-processor product line added in this version of the driver.
Several optimizations to reduce the system power consumption have been added in this driver. These optimizations might result in minor performance drop in some games while yielding power savings. The user can choose to override these power optimizations by selecting the "Maximum Performance" power mode in Intel control panel or "High Performance" mode in the Windows power setting.
OpenGL stack has been tuned and users can observe improved performance in certain OpenGL games.
- Fixed flickering and playback issues when using various video player applications.
- Display no longer hangs when transcoding content to removable media like SD card.
- Resolved issue where video output is missing content when transcoding certain video files.
- Fixed corruption issue when playing video on Intel® WiDi in extended desktop mode.
- System no longer crashes when transcoding multiple video clips simultaneously using Intel® Quick Sync Video.
- When playing online video "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error no longer appears.
- Fixed corruption issues when playing Blu-ray content using Intel WiDi.
- Cyberlink's PowerDVD* Player now exhibits proper behavior when the player is dragged during video playback.
- Fixed protected content playback issues for new Windows 8 Store video players like Netflix*.
- Crysis 2* game now lists proper screen resolutions when played on Windows 8.
- Fixed a DirectX 11.1 bug to support the upcoming Civilization 5* touch version.
- Fixed an issue where Krater* game screen flashes and game hangs after a few minutes of game play.
- Resolved corruption issue when running some OpenGL programs in full screen mode.
- Fixed minor artifacts seen in the following games and benchmarks:
- 3DMark* 06
- 3DMark* 11
- Call of Duty – Black Ops*
- Counter-Strike Source*
- Cut the Rope*
- Final Fantasy XIV*
- Fresh Paint*
- Lord of the Rings Online*
- Street Fighter IV*
- Stronghold Legends*
- Ticket to Ride*
- Performance of the following games on Windows 8 are improved to match that of Windows 7:
- Battlefield 3*
- Lost Planet 2*
- Fixed corruption seen in Windows Reader Application when reading PDF file.
- Fixed an issue where audio was not properly sent to HDMI displays.
- System no longer crashes when accessing the "Monitor/TV Setting" in the Intel HD Graphics and Media Control panel when using a miniDisplayPort to HDMI dongle.
- Resolved multiple issues around brightness settings on various system configurations.
- Changing saturation levels no longer exhibits bluish tint.
- Optimal resolution is now recommended in Win8 when pressing "Win + P" key combination.